Restasis and Vision blurred - from FDA reports
Vision blurred is found among people who take Restasis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Synthroid, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Vision blurred with Restasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,014 people who have side effects when taking Restasis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
16,014 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis.
Among them, 1,520 people (9.49%) have Vision blurred
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Restasis when people have Vision blurred *:
- < 1 month: 54.96 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.9 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.78 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.11 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.96 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.53 %
- 10+ years: 0.76 %
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Restasis *:
- female: 83.69 %
- male: 16.31 %
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Restasis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.71 %
- 30-39: 2.47 %
- 40-49: 5.42 %
- 50-59: 16.96 %
- 60+: 74.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (104 people, 6.84%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (68 people, 4.47%)
- Glaucoma (64 people, 4.21%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (43 people, 2.83%)
- Hypothyroidism (41 people, 2.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (60 people, 3.95%)
- Lotemax (43 people, 2.83%)
- Fish Oil (40 people, 2.63%)
- Lipitor (34 people, 2.24%)
- Amlodipine (28 people, 1.84%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Eye Irritation (546 people, 35.92%)
- Eye Pain (309 people, 20.33%)
- Ocular Hyperaemia (221 people, 14.54%)
- Foreign Body Sensation In Eyes (204 people, 13.42%)
- Lacrimation Increased (172 people, 11.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Vision blurred when taking Restasis?
- Check symptoms - is vision blurred caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVision blurred and drugs with ingredients of cyclosporine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVision blurred and Restasis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Restasis has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes. (latest outcomes from Restasis 16,369 users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 81,870 Vision blurred patients).
Browse all side effects of Restasisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Vision blurredVision blurred
Could your condition cause Vision blurredVision blurred
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Someone at the doctor's office changed the amount I was being given of the Lisinopril from 40 mg., to 10 mg. After this I started falling. Doctor said it is not in the records who had changed the dose. Pharmacist said it was this change that increased the weakness in my arms and legs. Doctor ...
User reviews to the study
It has just been brought to my attention that my blurred vision may be the result of taking lansoprazole. This would be great news as I have been attending an eye hospital who were unable to help and now seeing a neurologist next week.
Sense of smell and taste has diminished over the past few years. I have been using restasis for several years. Wondering if there is a link. Anyone else have issues? Did senses come back after stopping restasis?
Started vaping several month ago seemed like a great thing to do aside from my one pack a day habit . Worked great got away from the tobacco and started vaping. One week went by feeling better,breathing easier, feeling very proud of my self then one day the back of my throat got super sore ...
I am 77 year old male and started 1-2 mg Doxazosin two months ago for hypertension. Have noticed some blurring similar to that experienced with Norvasc. Just started a 3mg Doxazosin dose and both dry eye (a long time problem) and blurring seem worse.