Home > Restoril > Sleep walking > Restoril and Sleep walking
Review: could Restoril cause Sleep walking?
Summary: Sleep walking is found among people who take Restoril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lexapro, and have Sleep disorder.
We study 7,289 people who have side effects while taking Restoril from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Sleep walking. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep walking and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Restoril and have Sleep walking >>>
Restoril (latest outcomes from 7,636 users) has active ingredients of temazepam. It is often used in insomnia.
Sleep walking (walking during sleep) (latest reports from 25,408 patients) has been reported by people with insomnia, depression, sleep disorder, pain, quit smoking.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 7,287 people reported to have side effects when taking Restoril. Among them, 15 people (0.21%) have Sleep Walking.
Time on Restoril when people have Sleep walking * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep walking||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleep walking when taking Restoril * :
|Sleep walking||56.25%||43.75% |
Age of people who have Sleep walking when taking Restoril * :
|Sleep walking||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||30.00%||10.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Sleep walking when taking Restoril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep walking||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sleep walking ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder (4 people, 26.67%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (3 people, 20.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 13.33%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 6.67%)
- Tobacco user (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (6 people, 40.00%)
- Ambien (4 people, 26.67%)
- Albuterol (3 people, 20.00%)
- Zyprexa (3 people, 20.00%)
- Chantix (3 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleep Walking while taking Restoril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Restoril and have Sleep Walking
- support group for people who take Restoril
- support group for people who have Sleep Walking
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is sleep walking a side effect of taking zoloft
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Sleep Walking, and takes Zoloft, Tridione)
my daughter was on Zoloft and claims she was sleep walking. I'm wondering is this is true because she said it was from the Zoloft and I just need to find out . if Zoloft can cause a person to sleep walk.
- Why would doctor prescribe meclizine when otc med available? stronger?
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Depression, and takes Klonopin, Symbyax, Temazepam, Meclizine)
Gastric bypass. After years found should not be prescribed extended release medications-- they do not work because stomach (duodenum) releases enzymes and acids to release XR. Suffer from GAD, MAD, PTSD, ADHD, Insomnia. I've driven away my best friend-- I'm tired of life-- alone.
- Have been taking temazepam 15 yrs. recently experienced slow emptying of bladder. will this correct itself now that i'm off the drug?
(Asked by a 84 year old woman who has Bladder Slow Emptying, and takes Temazepam)
After taking temazepam for insomnia for 15 years, my bladder has become difficult to empty...slow start and dribble. Now that I'm off the drug, will the bladder condition improve?
- What reaction happens when you take 75 restoril 30mg capsuls?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who takes Restoril)
I am trying to find out what happens when somebody takes 75 Restoril 30mg capsuls? What do they experience?
- How to stop le and foot cramps?
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Cramps - Leg, Cramps In Legs And Feet At Night, Calf Muscle Cramps At Night, Have Heart And Vascular Deciese, and takes Meloxicam, Celexa, Lovastatin, Ramipril, Coreg, Percocet, Aspirin, Temazepam, Adderall 10)
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar ...
More questions for: Restoril, Sleep walking
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Temazepam & fenfexodine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Sleep Disorder, Chronic Sinitus, Allergic Rhinitus, and takes Temazepam, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Is anyone else finding the Temazepam is not working when taken with fenofexedine? I survive on a few hours of sleep a day.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Aortic Valve Disease, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Depression, Insomnia, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Deficiency - Vitamin D, Migraine With Aura, Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and takes Opana Er, Norco, Temazepam, Lorazepam, Coreg Cr, Benicar, Norvasc, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lamictal, Lexapro, Phenergan)
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
(Posted by a 79 year old man who has Dementia Alzheimer's Type, Depressed Level Of Consciousness, Anxiety, and takes Xanax, Celexa, Restoril)
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
More reviews for: Restoril, Sleep walking
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Opana, Opana Er, Zoloft, Restoril, Pristiq, Enbrel for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Enzyme Supplementation, Breakthrough Pain, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation, Itching, Flank Pain
Comments: Symptoms began 4 days ago with left flank pain and now I have burning, itching, and sensitivity to touch over the area which began 1 day ago.
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Omeprazole, Restoril, Zofran, Butrans, Oxycodone for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Heartburn, Insomnia, Naseau. The patient has Pain - Back, Nausea, Stomach Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Neuropathy. The patient has Sleep Walking (walking during sleep)
Comments: Sometimes I wake up after sleeping and I am in a different place and feel like I have been dreaming and I am trying to get somewhere but can't because I feel like I am paralyzed. It all feels real until I wake up and realize that I have been dreaming. I take 1200-1600 mg at night.
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Omeprazole for a patient with Insomnia, Gerd. The patient has Ear Wax, Insomnia
Comments: While on genetic restoril I am wearing a heart monitor because of pulse 125. For 4 hrs
I am not going to take this to see if palpitations or tachycardia stops
Is this fairly common. The drug has been a miracle worker but I am now afraid to take it
More related studies for: Restoril, Sleep walking
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (17 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (39 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)