Restoril and Thromboembolic stroke - from FDA reports
Thromboembolic stroke is found among people who take Restoril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Vioxx, and have Osteoarthritis. This review analyzes which people have Thromboembolic stroke with Restoril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,761 people who have side effects when taking Restoril from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
9,761 people reported to have side effects when taking Restoril.
Among them, 23 people (0.24%) have Thromboembolic stroke
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Thromboembolic stroke when taking Restoril *:
- female: 13.04 %
- male: 86.96 %
Age of people who have Thromboembolic stroke when taking Restoril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 13.04 %
- 60+: 86.96 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoarthritis (19 people, 82.61%)
- Arthritis (1 person, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (23 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 21.74%)
- Zantac (3 people, 13.04%)
- Vicodin Es (3 people, 13.04%)
- Tricor (3 people, 13.04%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Supraventricular Extrasystoles (20 people, 86.96%)
- Oesophageal Rupture (20 people, 86.96%)
- High Blood Pressure (20 people, 86.96%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (20 people, 86.96%)
- Acute Upper Airway Obstruction (19 people, 82.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Thromboembolic stroke when taking Restoril?
- Check symptoms - is thromboembolic stroke caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThromboembolic stroke and drugs with ingredients of temazepam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThromboembolic stroke and Restoril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Restoril has active ingredients of temazepam. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Restoril 10,337 users)
Thromboembolic stroke (a thrombotic stroke occurs when diseased or damaged cerebral arteries become blocked by the formation of a blood clot within the brain) has been reported by people with osteoarthritis, sleep disorder, back pain, arthritis, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 94 Thromboembolic stroke patients).
Browse all side effects of Restorila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Thromboembolic strokeThromboembolic stroke
Could your condition cause Thromboembolic strokeThromboembolic stroke
What would happen?
Questions to the study
It took the doctors years to diagnose me with lupus. I have always had low platelets. *Cannot take aspirin; or anti-inflammatories: I take pain medications for bulging disks; migraines frequently; and have had (5)five infusions of IVIG. Now I will be trying this new drug, called "Promacta." ...
User reviews to the study
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes four years ago. I sometimes take temazepam for help with insomnia. The next morning, my blood sugar is usually about 20 points higher than usual. Has anyone else experienced this?