Review: could Revlimid cause Embolic stroke?
Summary: Embolic stroke is found among people who take Revlimid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Insulin, and have Myelodysplastic syndrome.
We study 42,902 people who have side effects while taking Revlimid from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Embolic stroke. Find out below who they are, when they have Embolic stroke and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Revlimid and have Embolic stroke >>>
Revlimid has active ingredients of lenalidomide. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Revlimid 42,995 users)
Embolic Stroke (stroke due to obstruction due to an embolus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, birth control, stroke, high blood cholesterol, pain.(latest reports from Embolic Stroke 1,267 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 42,902 people reported to have side effects when taking Revlimid. Among them, 9 people (0.02%) have Embolic Stroke.
Time on Revlimid when people have Embolic stroke * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Embolic stroke||40.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Embolic stroke when taking Revlimid * :
|Embolic stroke||61.54%||38.46% |
Age of people who have Embolic stroke when taking Revlimid * :
|Embolic stroke||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||30.77%||69.23% |
Severity of Embolic stroke when taking Revlimid ** :
How people recovered from Embolic stroke ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (7 people, 77.78%)
- Multiple myeloma (6 people, 66.67%)
- Pain (4 people, 44.44%)
- Blood pressure increased (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Insulin (4 people, 44.44%)
- Oxycontin (4 people, 44.44%)
- Dilaudid (4 people, 44.44%)
- Tarceva (4 people, 44.44%)
- Oxycodone hcl (4 people, 44.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Embolic Stroke while taking Revlimid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Revlimid and have Embolic Stroke
- support group for people who take Revlimid
- support group for people who have Embolic Stroke
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take acyclovir and cipro together
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Multiple Myloma, and takes Revlimid, Dexamethasone)
can I take cipro for a uti while taking acycovir for shingles
- After going off of revlimid can you expect an improvement in neuropathy
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Multiple Myeloma, and takes Revlimid)
Switched from Velcade after 6 months on to Revlimid as a maintenance drug after a stem cell transplant. Have been on Revlimid for about 6 months and the neuropathy has progressed from my feet to halfway up my legs.
- I'm a 59 year old male. diagnosed 4 years ago. post transplant now 3 years. protein levels progressing. new drug regimen behind considered. has anyone supplemented diet with homeopathic vitamins, etc? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Multiple Myeloma, and takes Dexamethasone, Revlimid)
considering taking natural supplements
Vitamin D 2000 MG
- Should i take 15 mg mirtazapine while having multiple myeloma
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Myeloma - Multiple, and takes Zometa, Acyclovir, Revlimid)
my condition is being controlled so far
- Is there anyone who has information or experience with refractory multiple myeloma and the development of a second primary cancer in the colon (colon cancer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Multiple Myleoma (Refractory), Colon Cancer, and takes Revlimid, Cytoxan, Melphalan Hydrochloride, Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Zometa, Thalomid)
Diagnosed May 2009 with Stage IV, IGg Kappa Multiple Myeloma. Presented with pneumonia, 2 rib fractures, anemia, elevated serum m-protein, over 100 bone lesions, 78% plasma cells in bone marrow. No organ involvement. Chromosomal mutations, deletions, and transposition. Evaluated as low risk. 52 X- ...
More questions for: Revlimid, Embolic stroke
More reviews for: Revlimid, Embolic stroke
- A study of drug interactions between Xgeva, Revlimid, Acyclovir, Crestor for a patient with Osteoporosis, Myeloma - Multiple, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Chills
Comments: i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatme ...
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Baby Aspirin, Simvastatin, Allopurinol, Actos, Revlimid for a patient with General Physical Condition, Heart Murmurs And Other Sounds, Myelofibrosis, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Numbness And Tingling, Diarrhea
Comments: Tingling and numbness in toes only and not severe. Started taking Revlimid on July 7, 2011, except for 10 weeks from 2-21-12 thru 5-1-12.
Severe diarrhea has now occurred for about two years with no let up. I average about four times a day, starting in the AM. It usually tapers off after 2:00 PM ...
- A study of side effects of Revlimid for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Breast Cancer
Comments: Has anyone else been diagnosed with breast cancer after taking revlimid for 6 months? I took revlimid, dexamethasone and velcade 5 rounds. At the end of round 5 was diagnosed with two breast tumors. Thank you
- A study of side effects of Revlimid for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple.
Comments: Took Revlimid 3 months, had stem cell transplant in 2007, remission for 3 years, started MLN9708 worked for about 6 months, counts of mono. Protein went up, and lambda/kappa ratio increased. Stopped MLN9708 and started Revlimid, 25 mg. plus dose of Dex of 12 mg. once a week. Taking Revlimid for 21 ...
- A study of side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Leg Swelling. The patient has Embolic Stroke (stroke due to obstruction due to an embolus)
Comments: my sister has sage 4 colon cancer and was givin hydrochlorothiazide for swelling in her leggs..however her blood pressure has always been on the low side and since taking the hydrochlorothiazide for 10 days she has had a severe stroke shes 42 years ole otherwise healthy besides the cancer
More related studies for: Revlimid, Embolic stroke
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.