Revlimid and Embolic stroke - from FDA reports
Embolic stroke is found among people who take Revlimid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cipro, and have Myelodysplastic syndrome. This review analyzes which people have Embolic stroke with Revlimid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 140,106 people who have side effects when taking Revlimid from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 03, 2017
140,106 people reported to have side effects when taking Revlimid.
Among them, 23 people (0.02%) have Embolic stroke
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Revlimid when people have Embolic stroke *:
- < 1 month: 53.85 %
- 1 - 6 months: 46.15 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Embolic stroke when taking Revlimid *:
- female: 56.52 %
- male: 43.48 %
Age of people who have Embolic stroke when taking Revlimid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 28.57 %
- 60+: 71.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (5 people, 21.74%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 13.04%)
- Dyslipidaemia (2 people, 8.70%)
- Cardiac Disorder (2 people, 8.70%)
- Anticoagulant Therapy (2 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Combivent (4 people, 17.39%)
- Cipro (4 people, 17.39%)
- Flomax (3 people, 13.04%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 13.04%)
- Aciphex (3 people, 13.04%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (6 people, 26.09%)
- Thrombosis (4 people, 17.39%)
- Thrombocytopenia (4 people, 17.39%)
- Stroke (3 people, 13.04%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 13.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Embolic stroke when taking Revlimid?
- Check symptoms - is embolic stroke caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEmbolic stroke and drugs with ingredients of lenalidomide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEmbolic stroke and Revlimid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Revlimid has active ingredients of lenalidomide. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Revlimid 140,337 users)
Embolic stroke (stroke due to obstruction due to an embolus) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, birth control, diabetes (latest reports from 2,577 Embolic stroke patients).
Browse all side effects of Revlimida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Embolic strokeEmbolic stroke
Could your condition cause Embolic strokeEmbolic stroke
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi I am 30 old female I had MM since 11 months . after stem cell transplant I loss my hair now it had been 3 moths since the stem cell my hair grows slowly my doctors suggesting to take revlimid for 6 months after stem cell but iam afriad that my hair will not grow faster I want to grow my ...
User reviews to the study
Diagnosed with MM Oct 2016. Have been on Revlimid,Velcade,and steroids. Taken off Velcade 3weeks ago getting Neuropathy in my feet Now constantly have upset stomach. Doesn't affect my appetite. Is there anything that can be taken for this constant upset stomach
This is my fifth cycle on Revlimid and I've been dizzy the whole time to the point of not being able to drive. I started at 25mg, then 20 and for the past two cycles on 15. Has anyone found anything that helps?