Home > Rifampin > Creatinine renal clearance decreased > Rifampin and Creatinine renal clearance decreased
Review: could Rifampin cause Creatinine renal clearance decreased?
We study 2,091 people who have side effects while taking Rifampin from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Creatinine renal clearance decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Creatinine renal clearance decreased and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Rifampin and have Creatinine renal clearance decreased >>>
Rifampin (latest outcomes from 2,185 users) has active ingredients of rifampin. It is often used in tuberculosis.
Creatinine renal clearance decreased
Creatinine renal clearance decreased (latest reports from 10,457 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, hiv infection, diabetes.
On Aug, 25, 2014: 2,089 people reported to have side effects when taking Rifampin. Among them, 12 people (0.57%) have Creatinine Renal Clearance Decreased. They amount to 0.12% of all the 10,431 people who have Creatinine Renal Clearance Decreased on eHealthMe.
Time on Rifampin when people have Creatinine renal clearance decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Creatinine renal clearance decreased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Creatinine renal clearance decreased when taking Rifampin * :
|Creatinine renal clearance decreased||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Creatinine renal clearance decreased when taking Rifampin * :
|Creatinine renal clearance decreased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Creatinine renal clearance decreased when taking Rifampin ** :
How people recovered from Creatinine renal clearance decreased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (10 people, 83.33%)
- Mycobacterium avium complex infection (8 people, 66.67%)
- Prophylaxis (8 people, 66.67%)
- Cytomegalovirus chorioretinitis (6 people, 50.00%)
- Cytomegalovirus infection (4 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (12 people, 100.00%)
- Dextrose (12 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrocortisone sodium phosphate (12 people, 100.00%)
- Zidovudine (12 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrocortisone (11 people, 91.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Creatinine Renal Clearance Decreased while taking Rifampin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Rifampin and have Creatinine Renal Clearance Decreased
- group for people who take Rifampin
- group for people who have Creatinine Renal Clearance Decreased
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Apart from depression there were severe episodes of vomiting & weakness. He took 4 doses of 600 mg rifampicin
From this study (3 months ago):
Restlessness is very intense nonstop pjpphysical movement that can go all night and ever during day, until finally a switch goes off able to settle down and sleep.
From this study (7 months ago):
Hi, I am from India; was diagnosed with MM in Sep.2010-with D7 vertebral collapse/had APSCT in Mar.2011 ;on maintenance therapy since then, on Thalidomide first/shifted to Lenalidomide since Dec.2012 on thin discrete band seen in gamma globulin region in Immunofixation EP. My problem now is acquisition of TB (cervical)-category I , diagnosed in Nov.2013, along with periodical low blood counts-decrease in platelet/WBC etc .; I have been advised to stop maintenance therapy and proceed on ATT.
There are now two different courses of treatment open to me–to take standard regimen of drugs as advised under DOTS or to adopt less stringent course, especially with omission of Rifampicin; which is the better option? anybody in the same boat?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- as i have affected by leprosy, i am advised to take dapsone & refampin. after a period of 2 months, a brown leison is developed, lepra reaction type 2. i want to know, how to treat / remove it.
I am 59. Affected by leprosy. The usual drugs, dapsone & rifampin caused a brown leision. After taking anti allergic drugs & steroid, it is not cured. Any guy with similar experience, please guide how to treat it. Any medicine or any other remedy
- Could isoniazid cause a normal people epilepsy?
I got TB in 2011，I have took isoniazid and rifampin for 9 months. Last month, I found I became epilepsy.
- Treatment for chronic q fever without heart noticeable problems together with chronic lyme disease
Been on treatment with 200mg/day doxy only for 3 months, added 300mg/day rifadin for another 3 months. Had little or no improvement with doxy alone, had a little more when added rifadin. But always thought treatment was correct but dosage was not appropriate. Not enough. Had to stop because I got pr ...
More questions for: Rifampin, Creatinine renal clearance decreased
More reviews for: Rifampin, Creatinine renal clearance decreased
On eHealthMe, Rifampin (rifampin) is often used for tuberculosis. Find out below the conditions Rifampin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Rifampin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (4 hours ago)
- Phlebitis Superficial
- Bed Wetting
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased