Review: could Risperdal consta cause Restless leg (Restless Leg Syndrome)?
Summary: Restless leg is found among people who take Risperdal consta, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Risperdal, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 5,091 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal consta from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Restless leg. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal consta and have Restless leg >>>
Risperdal consta has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 5,117 Risperdal consta users)
Restless leg (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,500 Restless leg patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 5,091 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal consta. Among them, 24 people (0.47%) have Restless Leg.
Time on Risperdal consta when people have Restless leg * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg when taking Risperdal consta * :
|Restless leg||10.14%||89.86% |
Age of people who have Restless leg when taking Risperdal consta * :
|Restless leg||0.00%||0.00%||70.49%||0.00%||14.75%||0.00%||0.00%||14.75% |
Severity of Restless leg when taking Risperdal consta ** :
How people recovered from Restless leg ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (24 people, 100.00%)
- Brain injury (24 people, 100.00%)
- Ill-defined disorder (24 people, 100.00%)
- Cardiac disorder (6 people, 25.00%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (5 people, 20.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (24 people, 100.00%)
- Olanzapine (24 people, 100.00%)
- Unknown medication (24 people, 100.00%)
- Unspecified psychiatric medication (24 people, 100.00%)
- Solian (24 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Leg while taking Risperdal Consta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal consta and have Restless Leg
- support group for people who take Risperdal consta
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 44-year old woman with Bipolar 2. The patient has Early Menarche
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 26-year old man with Bipolar 1. The patient has Spina Bifida, Small Rash On Cheeks, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Aches
- A study of side effects of Risperidone for a 18-year old boy with Psychotic Behaviour. The patient has Panic Attack
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 20, Risperdal for a 22-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Oculogyric Crisis
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
Recent Risperdal consta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.