Review: could Risperdal cause Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL))?
Summary: Acute lymphocytic leukaemia is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Peripheral neuropathy.
We study 41,478 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Acute lymphocytic leukaemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Acute lymphocytic leukaemia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have Acute lymphocytic leukaemia >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,230 Risperdal users)
Acute lymphocytic leukaemia
Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (cancer of the white blood cells) has been reported by people with acute lymphocytic leukemia (all), multiple myeloma, chronic myeloid leukaemia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 6,841 Acute lymphocytic leukaemia patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 41,478 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 8 people (0.02%) have Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia.
Time on Risperdal when people have Acute lymphocytic leukaemia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acute lymphocytic leukaemia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Acute lymphocytic leukaemia when taking Risperdal * :
|Acute lymphocytic leukaemia||63.64%||36.36% |
Age of people who have Acute lymphocytic leukaemia when taking Risperdal * :
|Acute lymphocytic leukaemia||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Acute lymphocytic leukaemia when taking Risperdal ** :
How people recovered from Acute lymphocytic leukaemia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuropathy (3 people, 37.50%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 37.50%)
- Labile hypertension (3 people, 37.50%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (3 people, 37.50%)
- Haldol (3 people, 37.50%)
- Benztropine mesylate (3 people, 37.50%)
- Gabapentin (3 people, 37.50%)
- Lorazepam (3 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperdal and acute lymphocytic leukaemia on
Do you have Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 18-year old girl with Breast Discharge. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Libritabs, Risperidone for a 28-year old man who has Confusion
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.