Home > Risperdal > Aggression > Risperdal and Aggression
Review: could Risperdal cause Aggression?
Summary: Aggression is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Risperdal consta, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 41,469 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,007 have Aggression. Find out below who they are, when they have Aggression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Risperdal and have Aggression >>>
Risperdal (latest outcomes from 42,216 users) has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Aggression (latest reports from 161,533 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 41,465 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 1,007 people (2.43%) have Aggression.
Time on Risperdal when people have Aggression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking Risperdal * :
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Risperdal * :
Severity of Aggression when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Aggression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (386 people, 38.33%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (115 people, 11.42%)
- Aggression (89 people, 8.84%)
- Ill-defined disorder (89 people, 8.84%)
- Depression (78 people, 7.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal consta (356 people, 35.35%)
- Seroquel (274 people, 27.21%)
- Depakote (213 people, 21.15%)
- Zyprexa (175 people, 17.38%)
- Zoloft (165 people, 16.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Aggression while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Aggression
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Aggression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can celexa cause aggression in children?
(Asked by a 11 year old boy who has Aggression, and takes Celexa)
My son takes celexa. He is very aggressive to me. He kicks,push,bites and hits me.
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive?
(Asked by a 15 year old boy who has Seizures, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Topamax, Onfi, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Phentermine Hydrochloride)
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- Does risperdal cause epileptic focus disorder?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Seizures Epileptic Focus Disorder, and takes Risperdal)
i have a brain injury,that causes a rare seizure disorder called epileptic focus disorder,id like to know how i got the brain injury???? is it from my risperidal/risperdone? also is it from carbomazipine?
- Should risperidone be given to a patient with delirium without dementia
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Delirium, B12 131, and takes Risperidone)
my mother is being given risperidone for delirium and its making it worse it says online not to be used for delirium ????
- Risperidone,alcohol,marijuana what can happen?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Delusional Psychosis, and takes Risperidone)
wanting to go have a couple beers, and smoke a bowl of pot. will this interact badly for my friend?
More questions for: Risperdal, Aggression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Massive aggression within first 4 days at 50mg
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crying Fits, Pins And Needles Feet, Pins And Needles Hands, Aggression, and takes Topamax)
am only taking 50mg and have only been taking it for 4 days(this is the evening of the 4th day)as a preventative for migraine headaches that I have suffered from from 16 years. I have had pins and needles in my hands and feet as well as spontaneous crying fits since day 2 and Major aggression since ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
(Posted by a 39 year old man who has Aggression, and takes Provigil)
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, ...
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Xyrem, Lunesta, Seroquel, Ambien Cr, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam)
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around h ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Epilepsy, Generalized Tonic-clonic Seizure, Myoclonic Epilepsy, Partial Seizures, Constipation, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Depression, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Gums - Bleeding, Agitation, Aggression, and takes Valproate Sodium, Lexapro, Topamax)
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Risperdal, Aggression
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome. The patient has Hematuria
Comments: First time dark brown hematuria twice then cleared up then 6days later red hematuria twice then cleared up again no pain either time
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
Comments: Fatigued even after taking 200mg of Provigil, unable to work or function at work.
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Aggression Aggravated, Paranoid Personality Disorder
Comments: I have not always been as paranoid as I am now and I am definitely more aggravated, but mainly when it comes to things I cannot control. This level of need for control is very unusual for me.
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin, Hydrocortone for a patient with Could Not Get Any More Hydrocodone/lortab/vicodin/norco, To Get High/recreational, Pain/to Get High/recreational. The patient has Lack Of Feeling, Aggression Aggravated, Personality Change
Comments: After years of abusing the drugs listed for 20+ years and being on life support for 4 day my husband has emerged forever changed in my eyes. He is a rambler of words, Bipolar, never sleeps, uses adderal for his sleep disorder that does no good because he refuses to sleep and uses excuses of being ab ...
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Megacolon (a very dilated colon)
Comments: Should an individual who has been taking Risperdal, and already had megacolon before she started taking it, discontinue taking it if it is effective in controlling her bipolar disorder?
More related studies for: Risperdal, Aggression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.