Review: could Risperdal cause Aggression?
Summary: Aggression is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Risperdal consta, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 41,470 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,007 have Aggression. Find out below who they are, when they have Aggression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Risperdal and have Aggression >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (view latest outcomes from 42,217 users)
Aggression has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, pain.(latest reports from Aggression 28,616 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 41,469 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 1,007 people (2.43%) have Aggression.
Time on Risperdal when people have Aggression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking Risperdal * :
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Risperdal * :
Severity of Aggression when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Aggression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (386 people, 38.33%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (115 people, 11.42%)
- Aggression (89 people, 8.84%)
- Ill-defined disorder (89 people, 8.84%)
- Depression (78 people, 7.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal consta (356 people, 35.35%)
- Seroquel (274 people, 27.21%)
- Depakote (213 people, 21.15%)
- Zyprexa (175 people, 17.38%)
- Zoloft (165 people, 16.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Aggression while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Aggression
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Aggression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Risperdal, Aggression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Massive aggression within first 4 days at 50mg (1 response)
am only taking 50mg and have only been taking it for 4 days(this is the evening of the 4th day)as a preventative for migraine headaches that I have suffered from from 16 years. I have had pins and needles in my hands and feet as well as spontaneous crying fits since day 2 and Major aggression since yesterday. With normally an insurmountable amount of patience with my 1 year old son, I outright yelled at him last night. This is unacceptable. I have never felt such quick and sudden rage over nothing before, well, over anything before.
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. I must also say that at the same time of starting treatment I stopped using birth control pills. I feel there needs to be caution taken in all of these drugs. They seem to have a severe effect on hormone balance in the body.
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, my career is over. Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening? Do I have any rights?
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien (5 responses)
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around him and all of his clients. How can someone so strong be so weak?
He had been heavily medicated by a sleep doctor, for years this doctor gave him different medicines and he began to show other heath impairments..I could not see so many things that are very clear to me now, I never saw the effect the drugs had on him. he was growing more tired and withdrawn. He knew so much about medicines that I thought he knew what was happening he and I both trusted the doctors. With each new problem that occurred there was always a new drug to try and along with it a new set of side effects. A new doctor was added to his care and this doctor right away gave an RX for Kolopin. He was already taking Ambien and the two dont seem to play well together. Mean while he was growing sicker and sicker. We constantly were going for this test or that test, never once did the sleep doctor ever think that the drugs being given were the cause of all of his distress.
At one point he was unable to keep food down and was throwing up every day. More test that always revealed the same result. No problem found. The visits to the sleep doctor were the same as well his condition was worsening and chronic. and yet never once did the sleep doctor ever give the drugs a second thought. The known side effects for both of these drugs were suicide for ages between 16 to 22. Until his death I never read about any of the products he was on.
On July 16, 2013 the day began with Mike not sleeping, he seemed angry, exhausted. he was getting ready to help us out at our office. Once there it seemed like nothing went his way and at one point got into argument with his dad, told me he hated him and decided to go into his office to talk to him. He began to cry, I had to leave for an appointment and I waved to him through a window. I could see him crying. He got up and just left our office. Later we would find that he called his pastor, his cousins and a friend all did not reply. One girl friend of his did, she told him to meet her for drinks he told her what happened and he needed to save money and needed to be at his training job shortly. Within a 15 minute span wrote us a suicide letter, drove off and shot himself. a few minutes after he did a passer bye called 911. They took him to the hospital. The police came to our office to inform us we need to get to the hospital. The shock of all shock.... He passed away 1:04 am on the 17 of July. I never thought I could be so lost and broken as I am. I miss you so much Michael!
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects (2 responses)
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. No seizure control achieved.
Changed Neurologist, had a 48hr EEG and was changed to Sodium Valproate.
Have not had a Tonic Clinic seizure since. Suffer myoclnic seizures every day, Lamotrogine and Lacitimal? and Topamx introduced to try a stop the myoclonus... Lamotrogine made them far worse and dizzyness caused by Lacitimal was un-bearable even at very small dose.
Over the last 3yrs I have noticed and my family even commented on my changed personality - from a care free to someone that is easily aggitated and angry...even when I know things like young children being noisey etc shouldn't make me snap, they do... I know its wrong, but can't help myself... and then hate myself for being so "short" or intolerant of petty things.
My weight increased by 30kg with 4 months... more than 40% increase in weight.
My hair just falling out, by the 1000's every day... my bike helmet is full of hair and when washing, hair is visible in the shampoo bubbles.
My gums bleed very easily and they no longer grow up around the base of my teeth - they seem to be retracting away ( believe this message s called attrophy ).
Have researched quite extensively to see the likely hood of all these medical problem I have now being associated with the medications I take for my primary condition ( epilepsy ).. And given the frequency of seizure off medication is every few years, seeking advice from or to hear from anyone with similar conditions about how they addressed them and if they remained on the medications.
From this web site, all my symptoms seems to affect a very low % of people taking the meds... am I trying to link medical concerns to the medications unjustly... the likely hood of suffering all these side effects is extremely remote when most affect only 2 or 3 in100 people.
( likely hood of suffering all 5 conditions = approx 1 in 40,000,000
- more likey to be hypercondriact aren't I?
More reviews for: Risperdal, Aggression
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After years of abusing the drugs listed for 20+ years and being on life support for 4 day my husband has emerged forever changed in my eyes. He is a rambler of words, Bipolar, never sleeps, uses adderal for his sleep disorder that does no good because he refuses to sleep and uses excuses of being ab ...
- My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- For the last 20-30 years I go through cycles where I am just too lethargic to function. I suffer from severe brain fog, lack of direction, sleep way too much, and am in an almost vegetative state and this could last anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. I do not believe it to be depression as ...
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
More related studies for: Risperdal, Aggression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.