Risperdal and Depression - from FDA reports
Depression is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This review analyzes which people have Depression with Risperdal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 77,390 people who have side effects when taking Risperdal from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 02, 2017
77,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal.
Among them, 1,869 people (2.42%) have Depression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperdal when people have Depression *:
- < 1 month: 17.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.81 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.92 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.43 %
- 2 - 5 years: 24.86 %
- 5 - 10 years: 11.35 %
- 10+ years: 4.05 %
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Risperdal *:
- female: 44.94 %
- male: 55.06 %
Age of people who have Depression when taking Risperdal *:
- 0-1: 0.45 %
- 2-9: 2.11 %
- 10-19: 11.09 %
- 20-29: 12.0 %
- 30-39: 20.3 %
- 40-49: 20.83 %
- 50-59: 16.45 %
- 60+: 16.75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (156 people, 8.35%)
- Stress And Anxiety (120 people, 6.42%)
- Pain (103 people, 5.51%)
- Psychotic Disorder (85 people, 4.55%)
- Sleep Disorder (62 people, 3.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (333 people, 17.82%)
- Zyprexa (233 people, 12.47%)
- Depakote (207 people, 11.08%)
- Zoloft (152 people, 8.13%)
- Abilify (150 people, 8.03%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (466 people, 24.93%)
- Suicidal Ideation (354 people, 18.94%)
- Weight Increased (314 people, 16.80%)
- Gynaecomastia (270 people, 14.45%)
- Insomnia (258 people, 13.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Depression when taking Risperdal?
- Check symptoms - is depression caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDepression and drugs with ingredients of risperidone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDepression and Risperdal from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperdal 78,744 users)
Depression has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 392,565 Depression patients).
Browse all side effects of Risperdala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DepressionDepression
Could your condition cause DepressionDepression
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been on risperidone since 2014. I'm 47 now. I have had a massive increase in severe excessive sweating in the last year and a half. It is extremely uncomfortable and unsightly. I have also had problems, extensively, with sleeping 4-5 days in a row getting up to only to eat or use the ...
User reviews to the study
Even my endocrinologist does not know why I am depressed on Victoria. This is some no joke depression and so bummed because this drug is amazing at keeping my sugars in total control. Has anyone found out medically why it causes depression?
Hello, my son is 6.5 years and on this growth hormone after a brain tumour and following cancer treatment. He's been taking the drug for a year now and he's become really badly behaved and is displaying signs of depression. Hoping for some help and advice please. Thanks
I'm depressed and have had thoughts of suicide. I feel alone and desperate for help. I've become a recluse and have a social phobia. I live in Florida, I'm female, married with a 14 YO daughter. I just hate life now.
I have been on anti depressants for over 25 years. I have always had an issue with stealing from the companies I work at. I have now been caught and going to be prosecuted. I need mental help not jail time. I am very scared.