Review: could Risperdal cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 41,478 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 371 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,226 Risperdal users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,224 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 41,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 375 people (0.90%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Risperdal when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||6.67%||24.44%||4.44%||22.22%||35.56%||6.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Risperdal * :
|Erectile dysfunction||4.52%||95.48% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Risperdal * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||3.38%||10.13%||25.71%||37.40%||21.30%||2.08% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (161 people, 42.93%)
- Depression (109 people, 29.07%)
- Psychotic disorder (70 people, 18.67%)
- Bipolar disorder (64 people, 17.07%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (52 people, 13.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (183 people, 48.80%)
- Zyprexa (115 people, 30.67%)
- Abilify (92 people, 24.53%)
- Risperdal consta (88 people, 23.47%)
- Ativan (69 people, 18.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperdal and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 18-year old girl with Breast Discharge. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Libritabs, Risperidone for a 28-year old man who has Confusion
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.