Home > Risperdal > Fluid retention > Risperdal and Fluid retention
Review: could Risperdal cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Mental disorder.
We study 41,469 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 43 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Risperdal and have Fluid retention >>>
Risperdal (latest outcomes from 42,216 users) has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 17,802 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 41,469 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 43 people (0.10%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Risperdal when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Risperdal * :
|Fluid retention||50.98%||49.02% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Risperdal * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||14.58%||6.25%||20.83%||20.83%||25.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Mental disorder (7 people, 16.28%)
- Affective disorder (6 people, 13.95%)
- Schizophrenia (6 people, 13.95%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 9.30%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 9.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (7 people, 16.28%)
- Risperdal consta (7 people, 16.28%)
- Wellbutrin (6 people, 13.95%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 13.95%)
- Lexapro (5 people, 11.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive?
(Asked by a 15 year old boy who has Seizures, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Topamax, Onfi, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Phentermine Hydrochloride)
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- Does risperdal cause epileptic focus disorder?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Seizures Epileptic Focus Disorder, and takes Risperdal)
i have a brain injury,that causes a rare seizure disorder called epileptic focus disorder,id like to know how i got the brain injury???? is it from my risperidal/risperdone? also is it from carbomazipine?
- Should risperidone be given to a patient with delirium without dementia
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Delirium, B12 131, and takes Risperidone)
my mother is being given risperidone for delirium and its making it worse it says online not to be used for delirium ????
- Risperidone,alcohol,marijuana what can happen?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Delusional Psychosis, and takes Risperidone)
wanting to go have a couple beers, and smoke a bowl of pot. will this interact badly for my friend?
- I stopped taking lyrica 3days ago after experiencing ankle swelling. ankles are still swollen. how long before swelling goes always
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Fluid Retention, and takes Ace)
Took Lyrica for 1 week. Noticed swelling in ankles so discontinued 3days ago. I take LASIK and an ACE for high blood pressure. Swelling is better but still there. How long before swelling goes away and is there anything I can do to help ie compression hose elevated feet?
More questions for: Risperdal, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Xyrem, Lunesta, Seroquel, Ambien Cr, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam)
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around h ...
More reviews for: Risperdal, Fluid retention
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Suboxone, Vyvanse, Risperidone, Cymbalta, Nexium, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Chronic Pain, Add, Bipolar Disorder, Gerd. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: For the last 20-30 years I go through cycles where I am just too lethargic to function. I suffer from severe brain fog, lack of direction, sleep way too much, and am in an almost vegetative state and this could last anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. I do not believe it to be depression as ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Risperidone, Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure, Irritability, Weight Loss, Nausea And Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Back Pain, Stomach Pain
Comments: I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Risperdal, Xanax, Klonopin, Lamictal, Viibryd for a patient with Bipolar 2, Mania, Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression. The patient has Hearing Loss
Comments: I have experienced hearing loss within the past 8 years and wondered if it had to do with medications I have taken. I have taken others during that time including Abilify, Trileptal, Effexor. I recently have noticed a decrease in my hearing.
More related studies for: Risperdal, Fluid retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.