Review: could Risperdal cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Mental disorder.
We study 41,473 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 43 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have Fluid retention >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,221 Risperdal users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,437 Fluid retention patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 41,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 43 people (0.10%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Risperdal when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Risperdal * :
|Fluid retention||50.98%||49.02% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Risperdal * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||14.58%||6.25%||20.83%||20.83%||25.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Mental disorder (7 people, 16.28%)
- Affective disorder (6 people, 13.95%)
- Schizophrenia (6 people, 13.95%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 9.30%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 9.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (7 people, 16.28%)
- Risperdal consta (7 people, 16.28%)
- Wellbutrin (6 people, 13.95%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 13.95%)
- Lexapro (5 people, 11.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 26-year old man with Bipolar 1. The patient has Spina Bifida, Small Rash On Cheeks, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Aches
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 71-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of side effects of Risperidone for a 18-year old boy with Psychotic Behaviour. The patient has Panic Attack
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 20, Risperdal for a 22-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Oculogyric Crisis
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine, Adderall Xr 15 for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Swelling Of The Face, Water Retention
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.