Risperdal and Glaucoma - from FDA reports
Glaucoma is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Psychotic disorder. This review analyzes which people have Glaucoma with Risperdal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 77,390 people who have side effects when taking Risperdal from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 23, 2017
77,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal.
Among them, 74 people (0.1%) have Glaucoma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperdal when people have Glaucoma *:
- < 1 month: 15 %
- 1 - 6 months: 35 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 15 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Risperdal *:
- female: 55.07 %
- male: 44.93 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Risperdal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.08 %
- 20-29: 4.17 %
- 30-39: 10.42 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 35.42 %
- 60+: 22.92 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psychotic Disorder (4 people, 5.41%)
- Thirst (3 people, 4.05%)
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (2 people, 2.70%)
- Major Depression (2 people, 2.70%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 2.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (23 people, 31.08%)
- Zyprexa (8 people, 10.81%)
- Geodon (8 people, 10.81%)
- Atenolol (8 people, 10.81%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 8.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (16 people, 21.62%)
- Diabetes (16 people, 21.62%)
- Cataract (14 people, 18.92%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (10 people, 13.51%)
- Tendonitis (10 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Glaucoma when taking Risperdal?
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperdal 76,072 users)
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 31,212 Glaucoma patients).