Review: could Risperdal cause High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: High blood cholesterol and triglycerides is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 41,473 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,222 have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,221 Risperdal users)
High blood cholesterol and triglycerides
High blood cholesterol and triglycerides has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia. (latest reports from 171,933 High blood cholesterol and triglycerides patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 41,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 1,222 people (2.95%) have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides.
Time on Risperdal when people have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||9.64%||19.46%||13.54%||20.47%||26.06%||9.81%||1.02% |
Gender of people who have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Risperdal * :
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||53.90%||46.10% |
Age of people who have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Risperdal * :
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||1.20%||0.20%||3.09%||10.11%||27.69%||37.15%||16.93%||3.64% |
Severity of High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from High blood cholesterol and triglycerides ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (880 people, 72.01%)
- Bipolar disorder (803 people, 65.71%)
- Schizophrenia (596 people, 48.77%)
- Anxiety (450 people, 36.82%)
- Sleep disorder (322 people, 26.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (1,222 people, 100.00%)
- Zyprexa (1,097 people, 89.77%)
- Abilify (702 people, 57.45%)
- Geodon (682 people, 55.81%)
- Depakote (560 people, 45.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ranitidine for a 65-year old man with Stomach Discomfort. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- A study of drug interactions between Junel 1.5/30, Ferrous Fumarate, Abilify for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Iron Deficiency, Depression. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Iron Deficiency, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Neurontin, Linzess for a 48-year old woman with Gallbladder Disease, Muscle Spasms, Constipation. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pancreatitis, Fatty Liver Alcoholic
- A study of drug interactions between L-theanine, Gaba, Magnesium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Risperdal for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Slurred Speech, Eyeball Rupture
- A study of side effects of Strattera for a 53-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Prozac, Risperidone for a 20-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.