Review: could Risperdal cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 41,473 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 963 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have High blood pressure >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,223 Risperdal users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,841 High blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 41,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 963 people (2.32%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Risperdal when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||34.48%||35.01%||12.20%||6.90%||7.96%||2.12%||1.33% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Risperdal * :
|High blood pressure||42.87%||57.13% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Risperdal * :
|High blood pressure||0.95%||0.56%||7.45%||6.74%||32.91%||22.84%||11.42%||17.13% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||40.00%||40.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (531 people, 55.14%)
- Bipolar disorder (437 people, 45.38%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (260 people, 27.00%)
- Major depression (247 people, 25.65%)
- Depression (230 people, 23.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (561 people, 58.26%)
- Seroquel (486 people, 50.47%)
- Risperdal consta (450 people, 46.73%)
- Invega (240 people, 24.92%)
- Cogentin (217 people, 22.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperdal and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Akineton, Risperidone for a 73-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Salivary Gland Mass, Restlessness, Weight Loss, Constipation
- A study of side effects of Tamiflu for a 68-year old woman with Flu. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Mydriacyl for a 38-year old woman with Eye Exam - Standard. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Prozac, Risperidone for a 20-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.