Home > Risperdal > High blood pressure > Risperdal and High blood pressure
Review: could Risperdal cause High blood pressure?
We study 41,465 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,067 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Risperdal and have High blood pressure >>>
Risperdal (latest outcomes from 42,211 users) has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Aug, 29, 2014: 41,461 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 972 people (2.34%) have High Blood Pressure. They amount to 0.08% of all the 1,147,281 people who have High Blood Pressure on eHealthMe.
Time on Risperdal when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||34.74%||34.74%||12.11%||6.84%||8.16%||2.11%||1.32% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Risperdal * :
|High blood pressure||43.08%||56.92% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Risperdal * :
|High blood pressure||0.94%||0.55%||7.47%||6.69%||32.65%||22.90%||11.49%||17.31% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||40.00%||40.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (531 people, 54.63%)
- Bipolar disorder (438 people, 45.06%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (260 people, 26.75%)
- Major depression (247 people, 25.41%)
- Depression (233 people, 23.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (563 people, 57.92%)
- Seroquel (490 people, 50.41%)
- Risperdal consta (450 people, 46.30%)
- Invega (240 people, 24.69%)
- Cogentin (217 people, 22.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Risperdal?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Risperdal and have High Blood Pressure
- group for people who take Risperdal
- group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Comments from related studies:
From this study (13 months ago):
Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD)like symptoms to include:
--specks of light
--snow & rain affect
--trails following objects in motion
--halos or auras
--illusions of motion in a static environment
--distortions in dimension
--heightened awareness of motion.
Occurs in dark or semi-dark rooms but clears in light where minor motion and distortion is noted when staring ahead. A mask descends over my face when staring ahead (maybe inner-ocular-lenses affect (cataract surgery)?). In some cases, get affect that I can feel geometric objects and fish-like or distorted objects. Started when given Lamotrigine & Quetiapine. Doctor has increased dosage of Lamotrigin, stopped Quetiapine and added Risperidone: snow/rain effects have significantly increased at night before falling asleep. Severe snow/rain affect occurs when I wake up early in the morning in semi-dark.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Risperdal, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around h ...
More reviews for: Risperdal, High blood pressure
On eHealthMe, Risperdal (risperidone) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Risperdal is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Risperdal used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (57 minutes ago)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Linaria Vulgaris