Home > Risperdal > Hyponatremia > Risperdal and Hyponatremia
Review: could Risperdal cause Hyponatremia?
Summary: Hyponatremia is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Risperdal consta, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 41,469 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 533 have Hyponatremia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hyponatremia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Risperdal and have Hyponatremia >>>
Risperdal (latest outcomes from 42,216 users) has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 41,465 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 533 people (1.29%) have Hyponatremia.
Time on Risperdal when people have Hyponatremia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hyponatremia when taking Risperdal * :
Age of people who have Hyponatremia when taking Risperdal * :
Severity of Hyponatremia when taking Risperdal ** :
How people recovered from Hyponatremia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (108 people, 20.26%)
- Depression (50 people, 9.38%)
- Anxiety (34 people, 6.38%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (31 people, 5.82%)
- Psychotic disorder (27 people, 5.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal consta (86 people, 16.14%)
- Seroquel (57 people, 10.69%)
- Aspirin (49 people, 9.19%)
- Zyprexa (48 people, 9.01%)
- Akineton (48 people, 9.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hyponatremia while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Hyponatremia
- support group for people who take Risperdal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive?
(Asked by a 15 year old boy who has Seizures, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Topamax, Onfi, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Phentermine Hydrochloride)
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- Does risperdal cause epileptic focus disorder?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Seizures Epileptic Focus Disorder, and takes Risperdal)
i have a brain injury,that causes a rare seizure disorder called epileptic focus disorder,id like to know how i got the brain injury???? is it from my risperidal/risperdone? also is it from carbomazipine?
- Should risperidone be given to a patient with delirium without dementia
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Delirium, B12 131, and takes Risperidone)
my mother is being given risperidone for delirium and its making it worse it says online not to be used for delirium ????
- Risperidone,alcohol,marijuana what can happen?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Delusional Psychosis, and takes Risperidone)
wanting to go have a couple beers, and smoke a bowl of pot. will this interact badly for my friend?
- Hallucination reaction
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Hallucinations, Mixed, and takes Risperdal, Lidocaine, Benadryl, Xanax, Zoloft)
In July I had a horrible hallucination reaction due to the medication I take, I take the Risperdal, Zoloft, and Xanax at night due to my anxiety and depression and the lidocaine Benadryl and there was one more drug. those three were combined for a special mouthwash called magic mouth wash. Do you t ...
More questions for: Risperdal, Hyponatremia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Xyrem, Lunesta, Seroquel, Ambien Cr, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam)
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around h ...
More reviews for: Risperdal, Hyponatremia
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Agitation. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anemia
Comments: swallowing difficulties, very pale, blood work was 4.5 out of 10. Was told he needed 4-5 pints of blood immediately. Three pints got his levels up along with IV Iron. Endoscope showed a hiatal hernia at the base of esophagus, two stomach ulcers that are healing, acid reflux, biopsy showed bacteria ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cinnamon, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Niacin, CoQ10, Aspirin, Lamotrigine, Risperidone, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Digoxin for a patient with Heart, Despression, Atrial Fibrillation, Help Heart, Bipolar 1, Depression, Blood Cholesterol Increased, High Blood Pressure, A-fib. The patient has Bipolar 1, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD)like symptoms to include:
--specks of light
--snow & rain affect
--trails following objects in motion
--halos or auras
--illusions of motion in a static environment
--distortions in dimension
--heightened awareness of motion.
Occurs in dark o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Valproic Acid, Amoxil for a patient with Schizophrenia, Strep Throat. The patient has Sperm Count Zero, Volume Blood, Sperm Analysis Abnormal
Comments: Sperm Analysis (SA) Report in July-2012 was low: 10 (normal >=15); SA repeat in September-2012 was lower: 2 (normal >=15); SFA and SA repeat in November-2012 Sperm Count zero low volume in all reports.
Total Sperm Count - No sperm seen ...
More related studies for: Risperdal, Hyponatremia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.