Review: could Risperdal cause Memory impairment (Memory loss)?
Summary: Memory impairment is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Risperdal consta, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 41,473 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 539 have Memory impairment. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory impairment and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have Memory impairment >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,221 Risperdal users)
Memory impairment has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,452 Memory impairment patients)
On Mar, 22, 2015: 41,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 539 people (1.30%) have Memory Impairment.
Time on Risperdal when people have Memory impairment * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory impairment||33.93%||25.89%||9.82%||8.93%||13.39%||6.25%||1.79% |
Gender of people who have Memory impairment when taking Risperdal * :
|Memory impairment||43.27%||56.73% |
Age of people who have Memory impairment when taking Risperdal * :
|Memory impairment||0.00%||0.81%||21.32%||6.30%||11.15%||19.06%||19.55%||21.81% |
Severity of Memory impairment when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory impairment||6.67%||46.67%||33.33%||13.33% |
How people recovered from Memory impairment ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory impairment||12.50%||0.00%||87.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (152 people, 28.20%)
- Depression (125 people, 23.19%)
- Ill-defined disorder (87 people, 16.14%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (81 people, 15.03%)
- Brain injury (81 people, 15.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal consta (189 people, 35.06%)
- Seroquel (164 people, 30.43%)
- Paxil (119 people, 22.08%)
- Zyprexa (110 people, 20.41%)
- Trazodone hcl (80 people, 14.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperdal and memory impairment on
Do you have Memory Impairment while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Memory Impairment
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Memory Impairment
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B, Paracetamol, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 95-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Lack Of Energy, Pain, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Memory Loss, Confusion
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-25, Percocet, Klonopin, Depakote Er, Vimpat for a 52-year old woman with Pain, Epilepsy. The patient has Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 64-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Neurontin, Keppra Xr for a 33-year old woman with Pain, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Gait Disturbance, Short-term Memory Loss, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Visual Impairment, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine With Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Hydroxyzine, Pravastatin Sodium, Dapsone, Stribild for a 43-year old woman with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Itching, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Opportunistic Infection, Hiv. The patient has Lumbar Pain, Impaired Memory, Chills, Cold Intolerance
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.