Review: could Risperdal cause Mental disability?
Summary: Mental disability is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lithium carbonate, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 41,473 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Mental disability. Find out below who they are, when they have Mental disability and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Risperdal and have Mental disability >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,220 Risperdal users)
Mental disability has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, epilepsy. (latest reports from 190 Mental disability patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 41,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 7 people (0.02%) have Mental Disability.
Time on Risperdal when people have Mental disability * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mental disability||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mental disability when taking Risperdal * :
|Mental disability||25.00%||75.00% |
Age of people who have Mental disability when taking Risperdal * :
|Mental disability||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||71.43%||0.00%||14.29% |
Severity of Mental disability when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mental disability||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mental disability ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (7 people, 100.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (6 people, 85.71%)
- Bipolar i disorder (6 people, 85.71%)
- Schizophrenia (2 people, 28.57%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lithium carbonate (7 people, 100.00%)
- Risperidone (7 people, 100.00%)
- Actos (6 people, 85.71%)
- Diabetes medication (6 people, 85.71%)
- Cogentin (5 people, 71.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mental Disability while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Mental Disability
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Mental Disability
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between L-theanine, Gaba, Magnesium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Risperdal for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Slurred Speech, Eyeball Rupture
- A study of side effects of Risperidone for a 25-year old woman with Borderline Personality Disorder. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Absent Periods (absence of normal menstrual cycle)
- A study of drug interactions between Carbamazepine, Depakote Er, Risperidone for a 30-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Vision Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Risperdal for a 20-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Confusion, Headache
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 19-year old girl with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Prozac, Risperidone for a 20-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.