Review: could Risperdal cause Muscle stiffness (Spasticity)?
Summary: Muscle stiffness is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Ativan.
We study 41,478 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Muscle stiffness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle stiffness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have Muscle stiffness >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,226 Risperdal users)
Muscle stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 944 Muscle stiffness patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 41,478 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 11 people (0.03%) have Muscle Stiffness.
Time on Risperdal when people have Muscle stiffness * :
Gender of people who have Muscle stiffness when taking Risperdal * :
|Muscle stiffness||20.00%||80.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle stiffness when taking Risperdal * :
|Muscle stiffness||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||5.56%||5.56%||0.00%||72.22%||11.11% |
Severity of Muscle stiffness when taking Risperdal ** :
How people recovered from Muscle stiffness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (11 people, 100.00%)
- Haldol (11 people, 100.00%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 54.55%)
- Depakote (2 people, 18.18%)
- Ultram (1 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Risperdal and muscle stiffness on
Do you have Muscle Stiffness while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Muscle Stiffness
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Muscle Stiffness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Fluoxetine for a 37-year old man with Psychosis, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Jaundice
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Libritabs, Risperidone for a 28-year old man who has Confusion
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.