Review: could Risperdal cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 41,473 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 186 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,221 Risperdal users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 10,559 Narcotic abuse patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 41,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 186 people (0.45%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Risperdal when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||70.00%||20.00%||5.00%||2.50%||2.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Risperdal * :
|Narcotic abuse||27.96%||72.04% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Risperdal * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||1.61%||29.72%||22.89%||21.29%||17.27%||4.42%||2.81% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (85 people, 45.70%)
- Ill-defined disorder (68 people, 36.56%)
- Brain injury (61 people, 32.80%)
- Bipolar disorder (40 people, 21.51%)
- Anxiety (32 people, 17.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (118 people, 63.44%)
- Risperdal consta (105 people, 56.45%)
- Olanzapine (63 people, 33.87%)
- Unknown medication (61 people, 32.80%)
- Unspecified psychiatric medication (61 people, 32.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperdal and narcotic abuse on
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between L-theanine, Gaba, Magnesium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Risperdal for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Slurred Speech, Eyeball Rupture
- A study of side effects of Risperidone for a 25-year old woman with Borderline Personality Disorder. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Absent Periods (absence of normal menstrual cycle)
- A study of drug interactions between Carbamazepine, Depakote Er, Risperidone for a 30-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Vision Problems
- A study of side effects of Cocaine Plant for a 26-year old man with Cocaine Abuse. The patient has Cocaine Abuse (cocaine dependence)
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Risperdal for a 20-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Confusion, Headache
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Prozac, Risperidone for a 20-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.