Review: could Risperdal cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 41,473 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,047 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have Pancreatitis >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,221 Risperdal users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 31,822 Pancreatitis patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 41,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 1,047 people (2.52%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Risperdal when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Risperdal * :
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Risperdal * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (493 people, 47.09%)
- Bipolar disorder (321 people, 30.66%)
- Schizophrenia (289 people, 27.60%)
- Anxiety (210 people, 20.06%)
- Sleep disorder (182 people, 17.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (979 people, 93.51%)
- Zyprexa (643 people, 61.41%)
- Abilify (301 people, 28.75%)
- Haldol (290 people, 27.70%)
- Geodon (289 people, 27.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperdal and pancreatitis on
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 38-year old woman with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Blisters (small pockets of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure)
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Akineton, Risperidone for a 73-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Salivary Gland Mass, Restlessness, Weight Loss, Constipation
- A study of side effects of Aripiprazole for a 39-year old man with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Aggravated (inflammation of pancreas)
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Neurontin, Linzess for a 48-year old woman with Gallbladder Disease, Muscle Spasms, Constipation. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pancreatitis, Fatty Liver Alcoholic
- A study of drug interactions between L-theanine, Gaba, Magnesium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Risperdal for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Slurred Speech, Eyeball Rupture
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Prozac, Risperidone for a 20-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.