Review: could Risperdal cause Peripheral edema (Oedema Peripheral)?
Summary: Peripheral edema is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Risperdal consta, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 41,470 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 446 have Peripheral edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Peripheral edema and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Risperdal and have Peripheral edema >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (view latest outcomes from 42,217 users)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 41,470 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 446 people (1.08%) have Peripheral Edema.
Time on Risperdal when people have Peripheral edema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peripheral edema||51.52%||25.25%||4.04%||3.03%||9.09%||4.04%||3.03% |
Gender of people who have Peripheral edema when taking Risperdal * :
|Peripheral edema||51.75%||48.25% |
Age of people who have Peripheral edema when taking Risperdal * :
|Peripheral edema||0.00%||0.00%||15.56%||9.34%||11.87%||17.32%||13.81%||32.10% |
Severity of Peripheral edema when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Peripheral edema||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Peripheral edema ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Peripheral edema||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (145 people, 32.51%)
- Brain injury (72 people, 16.14%)
- Bipolar disorder (67 people, 15.02%)
- Ill-defined disorder (66 people, 14.80%)
- Depression (45 people, 10.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal consta (140 people, 31.39%)
- Seroquel (119 people, 26.68%)
- Olanzapine (79 people, 17.71%)
- Lasix (70 people, 15.70%)
- Zyprexa (59 people, 13.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Peripheral Edema while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Peripheral Edema
- support group for people who take Risperdal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 15 year old boy who has Seizures, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Topamax, Onfi, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Phentermine Hydrochloride)
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- Does risperdal cause epileptic focus disorder? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Seizures Epileptic Focus Disorder, and takes Risperdal)
i have a brain injury,that causes a rare seizure disorder called epileptic focus disorder,id like to know how i got the brain injury???? is it from my risperidal/risperdone? also is it from carbomazipine?
- Should risperidone be given to a patient with delirium without dementia
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Delirium, B12 131, and takes Risperidone)
my mother is being given risperidone for delirium and its making it worse it says online not to be used for delirium ????
- Risperidone,alcohol,marijuana what can happen?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Delusional Psychosis, and takes Risperidone)
wanting to go have a couple beers, and smoke a bowl of pot. will this interact badly for my friend?
- Hallucination reaction
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Hallucinations, Mixed, and takes Risperdal, Lidocaine, Benadryl, Xanax, Zoloft)
In July I had a horrible hallucination reaction due to the medication I take, I take the Risperdal, Zoloft, and Xanax at night due to my anxiety and depression and the lidocaine Benadryl and there was one more drug. those three were combined for a special mouthwash called magic mouth wash. Do you think the medicine was the cause of the reaction. I have never had a reaction like that in my life. I did hear that Zoloft can cause hallucinations and also that your not supposed to take Benadryl and Xanax together. if anyone knows about drug interactions or knows if that was the cause of my reaction please give me some information. I am now terrified to take any medicine and still have horrible flashbacks from that night. t
More questions for: Risperdal, Peripheral edema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. I must also say that at the same time of starting treatment I stopped using birth control pills. I feel there needs to be caution taken in all of these drugs. They seem to have a severe effect on hormone balance in the body.
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien (5 responses)
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Xyrem, Lunesta, Seroquel, Ambien Cr, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam)
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around him and all of his clients. How can someone so strong be so weak?
He had been heavily medicated by a sleep doctor, for years this doctor gave him different medicines and he began to show other heath impairments..I could not see so many things that are very clear to me now, I never saw the effect the drugs had on him. he was growing more tired and withdrawn. He knew so much about medicines that I thought he knew what was happening he and I both trusted the doctors. With each new problem that occurred there was always a new drug to try and along with it a new set of side effects. A new doctor was added to his care and this doctor right away gave an RX for Kolopin. He was already taking Ambien and the two dont seem to play well together. Mean while he was growing sicker and sicker. We constantly were going for this test or that test, never once did the sleep doctor ever think that the drugs being given were the cause of all of his distress.
At one point he was unable to keep food down and was throwing up every day. More test that always revealed the same result. No problem found. The visits to the sleep doctor were the same as well his condition was worsening and chronic. and yet never once did the sleep doctor ever give the drugs a second thought. The known side effects for both of these drugs were suicide for ages between 16 to 22. Until his death I never read about any of the products he was on.
On July 16, 2013 the day began with Mike not sleeping, he seemed angry, exhausted. he was getting ready to help us out at our office. Once there it seemed like nothing went his way and at one point got into argument with his dad, told me he hated him and decided to go into his office to talk to him. He began to cry, I had to leave for an appointment and I waved to him through a window. I could see him crying. He got up and just left our office. Later we would find that he called his pastor, his cousins and a friend all did not reply. One girl friend of his did, she told him to meet her for drinks he told her what happened and he needed to save money and needed to be at his training job shortly. Within a 15 minute span wrote us a suicide letter, drove off and shot himself. a few minutes after he did a passer bye called 911. They took him to the hospital. The police came to our office to inform us we need to get to the hospital. The shock of all shock.... He passed away 1:04 am on the 17 of July. I never thought I could be so lost and broken as I am. I miss you so much Michael!
More reviews for: Risperdal, Peripheral edema
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- For the last 20-30 years I go through cycles where I am just too lethargic to function. I suffer from severe brain fog, lack of direction, sleep way too much, and am in an almost vegetative state and this could last anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. I do not believe it to be depression as ...
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- I have experienced hearing loss within the past 8 years and wondered if it had to do with medications I have taken. I have taken others during that time including Abilify, Trileptal, Effexor. I recently have noticed a decrease in my hearing.
- Haldol caused jaundice and diagnosed with hep c. After many tests and off haldol specialists said it was false positive. Risperadol and depakote raised ammonia levels. Causing psychotic episode s.latuda caused raised ammonia levels, and also, risperdone had me near obeasity! Have I bbeen misdiagnose ...
More related studies for: Risperdal, Peripheral edema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.