Review: could Risperdal cause Potassium - high (Hyperkalemia)?
Summary: Potassium - high is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 41,478 people who have side effects while taking Risperdal from FDA and social media. Among them, 167 have Potassium - high. Find out below who they are, when they have Potassium - high and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperdal and have Potassium - high >>>
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 42,230 Risperdal users)
Potassium - high
Potassium - high (damage to or disease of the kidney) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, pain, cardiac failure. (latest reports from 26,145 Potassium - high patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 41,478 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal. Among them, 167 people (0.40%) have Potassium - High.
Time on Risperdal when people have Potassium - high * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Potassium - high||34.21%||7.89%||18.42%||7.89%||26.32%||2.63%||2.63% |
Gender of people who have Potassium - high when taking Risperdal * :
|Potassium - high||46.45%||53.55% |
Age of people who have Potassium - high when taking Risperdal * :
|Potassium - high||0.00%||2.45%||4.91%||6.13%||9.20%||20.86%||13.50%||42.94% |
Severity of Potassium - high when taking Risperdal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Potassium - high||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Potassium - high ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Potassium - high||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (25 people, 14.97%)
- Schizophrenia (24 people, 14.37%)
- Depression (13 people, 7.78%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 5.99%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 5.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (39 people, 23.35%)
- Zyprexa (34 people, 20.36%)
- Lisinopril (20 people, 11.98%)
- Haldol (19 people, 11.38%)
- Xanax (18 people, 10.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Potassium - High while taking Risperdal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperdal and have Potassium - High
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who have Potassium - High
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gemfibrozil, Ditropan, Synthroid, Topamax, Lamictal, Risperdal for a 46-year old woman with Blood Triglycerides, Enlarged Liver, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Fluoxetine for a 37-year old man with Psychosis, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Jaundice
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
Recent Risperdal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Libritabs, Risperidone for a 28-year old man who has Confusion
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.