Review: could Risperidone cause Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)?
Summary: Anxiety is found among people who take Risperidone, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Diazepam, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 13,703 people who have side effects while taking Risperidone from FDA and social media. Among them, 535 have Anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperidone and have Anxiety >>>
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 14,328 Risperidone users)
Anxiety has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 212,791 Anxiety patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 13,703 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone. Among them, 580 people (4.23%) have Anxiety.
Time on Risperidone when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Risperidone * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Risperidone * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Risperidone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (125 people, 21.55%)
- Anxiety (110 people, 18.97%)
- Depression (82 people, 14.14%)
- Psychotic disorder (70 people, 12.07%)
- Bipolar disorder (68 people, 11.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diazepam (96 people, 16.55%)
- Olanzapine (96 people, 16.55%)
- Clonazepam (87 people, 15.00%)
- Clozaril (59 people, 10.17%)
- Risperdal (58 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperidone and anxiety on
Do you have Anxiety while taking Risperidone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperidone and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Risperidone
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 11-year old girl with ADHD. The patient has Tongue Tie (a congenital oral anomaly which may decrease mobility of the tongue tip and is caused by an unusually short)
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Lisinopril, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Zoloft for a 54-year old woman with Anxiety, Lupus Erythematosus, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 38-year old woman with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Blisters (small pockets of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure)
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Akineton, Risperidone for a 73-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Salivary Gland Mass, Restlessness, Weight Loss, Constipation
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 41-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Migraine (headache), Widespread Body Aches, Loss Of Hair, Anxiety, Sometimes Unable To Retrieve Words, Brain Mass, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
Recent Risperidone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Prozac, Risperidone for a 20-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.