Review: could Risperidone cause Breast cancer?
Summary: Breast cancer is found among people who take Risperidone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Risperdal consta, and have Schizophrenia, paranoid type.
We study 13,705 people who have side effects while taking Risperidone from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Breast cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperidone and have Breast cancer >>>
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 14,331 Risperidone users)
Breast cancer has been reported by people with hormone replacement therapy, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 77,363 Breast cancer patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 13,705 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone. Among them, 18 people (0.13%) have Breast Cancer.
Time on Risperidone when people have Breast cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Breast cancer when taking Risperidone * :
|Breast cancer||95.24%||4.76% |
Age of people who have Breast cancer when taking Risperidone * :
|Breast cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||15.38%||46.15%||23.08% |
Severity of Breast cancer when taking Risperidone ** :
How people recovered from Breast cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (3 people, 16.67%)
- Schizophrenia (3 people, 16.67%)
- Parkinsonism (2 people, 11.11%)
- Laxative supportive care (2 people, 11.11%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal consta (4 people, 22.22%)
- Clonazepam (3 people, 16.67%)
- Trihexyphenidyl hcl (2 people, 11.11%)
- Amisulpiride (2 people, 11.11%)
- Quetiapine (2 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperidone and breast cancer on
Do you have Breast Cancer while taking Risperidone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperidone and have Breast Cancer
- support group for people who take Risperidone
- support group for people who have Breast Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 18-year old girl with Breast Discharge. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 44-year old woman with Bipolar 2. The patient has Early Menarche
Recent Risperidone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Libritabs, Risperidone for a 28-year old man who has Confusion
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.