Risperidone and Edema - from FDA reports
Edema is found among people who take Risperidone, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Edema with Risperidone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,781 people who have side effects when taking Risperidone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
26,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone.
Among them, 92 people (0.34%) have Edema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperidone when people have Edema *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Risperidone *:
- female: 55.17 %
- male: 44.83 %
Age of people who have Edema when taking Risperidone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.7 %
- 20-29: 4.94 %
- 30-39: 8.64 %
- 40-49: 38.27 %
- 50-59: 12.35 %
- 60+: 32.1 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (11 people, 11.96%)
- Asthma (9 people, 9.78%)
- Quit Smoking (8 people, 8.70%)
- Diabetic Neuropathy (8 people, 8.70%)
- Diabetes (8 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (17 people, 18.48%)
- Lasix (17 people, 18.48%)
- Naproxen (16 people, 17.39%)
- Furosemide (16 people, 17.39%)
- Peridex (14 people, 15.22%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (27 people, 29.35%)
- Stress And Anxiety (24 people, 26.09%)
- Oedema Peripheral (23 people, 25.00%)
- Gait Disturbance (22 people, 23.91%)
- Fever (19 people, 20.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Edema when taking Risperidone?
- Check symptoms - is edema caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEdema and drugs with ingredients of risperidone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEdema and Risperidone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperidone 27,934 users)
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 45,856 Edema patients).
Browse all side effects of Risperidonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with EdemaEdema
Could your condition cause EdemaEdema
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi I am stammering.Dr said its because of bipolar disorder.I take venlafaxine for 2 months and risperidone for 5 days.My muscle spasms were severe but after risperidone it increased.What do you yhink?
I tore my rotator cuff and been on Tramadol for about 6 months and have noticed severe swelling my hands, calves, stomach, and face. Pretty much every where and have been trying to loose weight but the water retention is not allowing any progress.
User reviews to the study
My husband is taking Keppra to help with muscle cramping/spasms due to a spinal cord injury. He has most of the listed side effects such as, mood swings, depression, coordination, muscle weakness very depressed but he also has severe edema in his feet and now lower legs as well. Cant see where ...
Hi my wife was diagnosed 5 years ago and has been on donepizil every since hasn't been to bad very very slow decline.Back I January was put on risperidone and since the last 2 months hasince really slipped been told to take her of it and see if any better in a weeks time .From what I have ...