Risperidone and Hypochondriasis - from FDA reports
Hypochondriasis is found among people who take Risperidone, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old also take medication Lipitor, and have Schizophreniform disorder. This review analyzes which people have Hypochondriasis with Risperidone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,781 people who have side effects when taking Risperidone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
26,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone.
Among them, 8 people (0.03%) have Hypochondriasis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypochondriasis when taking Risperidone *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Hypochondriasis when taking Risperidone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 57.14 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 42.86 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophreniform Disorder (3 people, 37.50%)
- Psychotic Disorder (2 people, 25.00%)
- Nasal Discomfort (1 person, 12.50%)
- Impaired Gastric Emptying (1 person, 12.50%)
- Extrapyramidal Disorder (1 person, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ventolin (2 people, 25.00%)
- Valium (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 25.00%)
- Nexium (1 person, 12.50%)
- Duragesic-100 (1 person, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tremor (4 people, 50.00%)
- Psychotic Disorder (4 people, 50.00%)
- Extrapyramidal Disorder (4 people, 50.00%)
- Delusion (4 people, 50.00%)
- Hypomania (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypochondriasis when taking Risperidone?
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperidone 26,468 users)
Hypochondriasis (health phobia or health anxiety) has been reported by people with depression, sleep disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, obsessive-compulsive disorder (latest reports from 354 Hypochondriasis patients).