Review: could Risperidone cause Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Multiple sclerosis is reported only by a few people who take Risperidone.
We study 13,708 people who have side effects while taking Risperidone from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Multiple sclerosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Multiple sclerosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperidone and have Multiple sclerosis >>>
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 14,331 Risperidone users)
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) has been reported by people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 224,277 Multiple sclerosis patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 13,705 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone. Among them, 4 people (0.03%) have Multiple Sclerosis.
Time on Risperidone when people have Multiple sclerosis * :
Gender of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Risperidone * :
|Multiple sclerosis||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Risperidone * :
|Multiple sclerosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Multiple sclerosis when taking Risperidone ** :
How people recovered from Multiple sclerosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hallucination, auditory (2 people, 50.00%)
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 25.00%)
- Mild mental retardation (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lithium carbonate (2 people, 50.00%)
- Methylprednisolone (1 people, 25.00%)
- Prednisone tab (1 people, 25.00%)
- Gilenya (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperidone and multiple sclerosis on
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis while taking Risperidone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperidone and have Multiple Sclerosis
- support group for people who take Risperidone
- support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 18-year old girl with Breast Discharge. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 44-year old woman with Bipolar 2. The patient has Early Menarche
Recent Risperidone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Libritabs, Risperidone for a 28-year old man who has Confusion
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.