Review: could Risperidone cause Rectal bleeding?
Summary: Rectal bleeding is reported only by a few people who take Risperidone.
We study 13,705 people who have side effects while taking Risperidone from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Rectal bleeding. Find out below who they are, when they have Rectal bleeding and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Risperidone and have Rectal bleeding >>>
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 14,331 Risperidone users)
Rectal bleeding (bleeding from rectum) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, pain. (latest reports from 3,160 Rectal bleeding patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 13,705 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone. Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Rectal Bleeding.
Time on Risperidone when people have Rectal bleeding * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rectal bleeding||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rectal bleeding when taking Risperidone * :
|Rectal bleeding||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Rectal bleeding when taking Risperidone * :
|Rectal bleeding||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Rectal bleeding when taking Risperidone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rectal bleeding||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rectal bleeding ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rectal bleeding||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sensory hallucinations (1 people, 50.00%)
- Low back pain (1 people, 50.00%)
- Depression - major (1 people, 50.00%)
- Panic disorder with agoraphobia (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Quinine sulfate (1 people, 50.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 50.00%)
- Furosemide (1 people, 50.00%)
- Captopril (1 people, 50.00%)
- Metoprolol succinate (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of risperidone and rectal bleeding on
Do you have Rectal Bleeding while taking Risperidone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Risperidone and have Rectal Bleeding
- support group for people who take Risperidone
- support group for people who have Rectal Bleeding
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 18-year old girl with Breast Discharge. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Risperidone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Libritabs, Risperidone for a 28-year old man who has Confusion
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Risperidone, Vyvanse for a 7-year old girl who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.