Risperidone and Smoking cessation - from FDA reports
Smoking cessation is found among people who take Risperidone, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old also take medication Chantix, and have Psychotic disorder. This review analyzes which people have Smoking cessation with Risperidone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,781 people who have side effects when taking Risperidone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
26,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone.
Among them, 20 people (0.07%) have Smoking cessation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Smoking cessation when taking Risperidone *:
- female: 38.89 %
- male: 61.11 %
Age of people who have Smoking cessation when taking Risperidone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 11.76 %
- 30-39: 17.65 %
- 40-49: 41.18 %
- 50-59: 17.65 %
- 60+: 11.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psychotic Disorder (5 people, 25.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 20.00%)
- Dry Mouth (4 people, 20.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 15.00%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (2 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Chantix (7 people, 35.00%)
- Diazepam (5 people, 25.00%)
- Ranitidine Hydrochloride (4 people, 20.00%)
- Fluphenazine Decanoate (4 people, 20.00%)
- Bupropion Hydrochloride (4 people, 20.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective (6 people, 30.00%)
- Suicidal Ideation (5 people, 25.00%)
- Heart Palpitations (5 people, 25.00%)
- Chest Pain (5 people, 25.00%)
- Back Pain (5 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Smoking cessation when taking Risperidone?
- Check symptoms - is smoking cessation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSmoking cessation and drugs with ingredients of risperidone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSmoking cessation and Risperidone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperidone 27,934 users)
Smoking cessation (stopped smoking) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 70,056 Smoking cessation patients).
Browse all side effects of Risperidonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Smoking cessationSmoking cessation
Could your condition cause Smoking cessationSmoking cessation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi I am stammering.Dr said its because of bipolar disorder.I take venlafaxine for 2 months and risperidone for 5 days.My muscle spasms were severe but after risperidone it increased.What do you yhink?
my daughter has depression and has been on celexa for three years now and today the doctor also put her on risperidone for violent behavior that just recently accured with her depression will it hurt her in any way or will it actually help her?
User reviews to the study
I just came from emerge, I have tinnitus a humming noise. I quit smoking five days ago and this started. I am using nicotine lozenges. Please someone tell me this wont last or what I can do. :( I want to start smoking but the doc said it wont help.
Hi my wife was diagnosed 5 years ago and has been on donepizil every since hasn't been to bad very very slow decline.Back I January was put on risperidone and since the last 2 months hasince really slipped been told to take her of it and see if any better in a weeks time .From what I have ...
I have 1 child of 16 years with autism and aggressive behavior. I just gave this month up to 4 mg intuniv and taking risperidone (4mg. 2.mg .0.75mg) and depakine (500mg .500mg). But lowering the dose of risperidone has made it much worse. And also hungry all day., Does anyone know if the ...