Home > Ritalin > Aggression > Ritalin and Aggression
Review: could Ritalin cause Aggression?
We study 9,685 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 380 have Aggression. Find out below who they are, when they have Aggression and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ritalin and have Aggression >>>
Ritalin (latest outcomes from 11,175 users) has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Aggression (latest reports from 161,484 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, pain.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 9,675 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin. Among them, 380 people (3.93%) have Aggression.
Time on Ritalin when people have Aggression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking Ritalin * :
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Ritalin * :
Severity of Aggression when taking Ritalin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Aggression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (185 people, 48.68%)
- Depression (39 people, 10.26%)
- Bipolar disorder (29 people, 7.63%)
- Psychomotor hyperactivity (21 people, 5.53%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 3.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Concerta (75 people, 19.74%)
- Ritalin la (65 people, 17.11%)
- Paxil (50 people, 13.16%)
- Risperdal (47 people, 12.37%)
- Strattera (38 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Aggression while taking Ritalin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Aggression
- support group for people who take Ritalin
- support group for people who have Aggression
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
In the evening he has a hard time doing as he is told. He will just say no and get so worked up that he is out of control. he also has trouble with transitions, we give him lots of time and let him know what is coming but he sometimes just can't switch gears and move on, then he gets so upset that he is out of control
From this study (2 years ago):
My son is more aggressive in the last few weeks and is not doing well at school
From this study (2 years ago):
Behavioral and psychiatric conditons began around the time patient began Asmanex.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ritalin, Aggression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, ...
- Seroquel made me weird, indifferent to everything.
With constant anxiety. I found myself not wanting to be nice to my family, hearting them and seeing the consecuences later , rather than before. I remember wearing a wig to the nutritionist, "just because".
- Temporal lobe epilepsy in concerta
My son is 8 years old and has ADHD with severe hyperactivity and impulsivity. He has been on meds since he was 5. We started with Foculin, switched to Daytrana patch and just recently (with the help of his Psychiatrist) decided to try Concerta. We stopped the Daytrana and began titration onto Conc ...
More reviews for: Ritalin, Aggression
On eHealthMe, Ritalin (methylphenidate hydrochloride) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Ritalin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ritalin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (9 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (4 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (50 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Italian Fitch
- Transplant Liver
- Pancreas Infection
- Pregnancy With Advanced Maternal Age