Review: could Ritalin cause Anger?
Summary: Anger is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Paxil, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 9,694 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 129 have Anger. Find out below who they are, when they have Anger and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ritalin and have Anger >>>
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 11,200 users)
Anger has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, pain.(latest reports from Anger 14,667 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 9,694 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin. Among them, 129 people (1.33%) have Anger.
Time on Ritalin when people have Anger * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anger when taking Ritalin * :
Age of people who have Anger when taking Ritalin * :
Severity of Anger when taking Ritalin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anger ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (48 people, 37.21%)
- Depression (15 people, 11.63%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 10.08%)
- Pain (11 people, 8.53%)
- Ill-defined disorder (6 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil (29 people, 22.48%)
- Wellbutrin (26 people, 20.16%)
- Prozac (22 people, 17.05%)
- Zoloft (21 people, 16.28%)
- Effexor xr (21 people, 16.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anger while taking Ritalin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Anger
- support group for people who take Ritalin
- support group for people who have Anger
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could ritalin cause temporary dementia in elderly
I had a period of dementia that lasted for the better part of a day. I was brought to the hospital because they thought I was having a stroke. I have no memory of the event until I was in the hospital. I had been prescribed Ritalin because I have become unable to concentrate as well as I once could. That started about ten years ago and it was also had a very sudden onset, after a case of the flu.
A Psychiatrist prescribed a dosage of Methylphenidate to be taken twice a day. I had a really hectic day ahead and thought that if I took both of them at once, it would help me get through the ordeal. I am under a lot of stress and thought it may help me cope. I have since thrown them out because the condition started about an hour after I took them according to family members. I don't remember the dosage, but I think it was a lower dosage because I had just started taking them on an "as needed basis." The doctor knew that I was going to use them for that purpose. I used them twice before (at the correct dosage) when I had to concentrate on paperwork, etc. They caused irregular heartbeat and a little bit of anxiety, but they did help me concentrate. The hospital tests ruled out a stroke or TIA. My thyroid level was off and the doctor at the hospital told me to stop the thyroid medication (Armour Thyroid) until I could see my family doctor and be retested. This all happened about five days ago. I'm back to what I consider normal now. Could that episode have been caused by the Ritalin?
- What is the reaction to vivitrol and ritalin?
25 year old client in early recovery from opioid dependence takes ritalin and seroquel and wants to add vivitrol. What are the risks and side effects?
- The appetite suppressant effects of ephedrine have worn off just starting concerta will it suppress my appetite?
Just wondering if I have developed tolerance to ephedrine (quantified as a return of appetite) will the stimulant effects of concerta work on me
- Can you split the tablet of limitical 200mg?
I have taken 150mg or 200mg of lamitical for 25 years. I am now spliting the 200 tablet in half to make 300mg. Started sweating big time.
- Is it safe to take unisom on top of vyvanse
I have took 5 ritalin 20mg and 2 30 mg vyvanse since early this morning. It is now 1:00in the morning, I'm very tired. I have 2 toddlers that I have to take carevof. Just wanting to know if it is ok to take some unison now so I can get some sleep
More questions for: Ritalin, Anger
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam at all...
- Seroquel made me weird, indifferent to everything.
With constant anxiety. I found myself not wanting to be nice to my family, hearting them and seeing the consecuences later , rather than before. I remember wearing a wig to the nutritionist, "just because".
- Temporal lobe epilepsy in concerta (1 response)
My son is 8 years old and has ADHD with severe hyperactivity and impulsivity. He has been on meds since he was 5. We started with Foculin, switched to Daytrana patch and just recently (with the help of his Psychiatrist) decided to try Concerta. We stopped the Daytrana and began titration onto Concerta. We did three days of 18mg, 3 days of 36mg and then up to 54mg. I gave him the 54 mg of Concerta at 7:30 am and by 9:20 was having a full blown seizure. THIS WAS THE FIRST DAY OF THE 54mg. He has never had a seizure before, is on no other medication and we have no family history. I stopped the med immediately and went back to the Daytrana. He has had no other seizures at this point.
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders. (1 response)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions as well. Mostly due to a traumatic event experienced as a child.
More reviews for: Ritalin, Anger
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been on Zoloft for many years and because I have read about it causing cancer I decided to wean myself off of it. I was taking 150 mg. a day and since 2 weeks ago I stopped I have had episodes of anger. I was wondering if this can be a side effect of stopping the Zoloft?
- Re-Pneumothorax 10 years after first and only spontaneous pneumothorax about 8 month after starting therapy with Concerta. Needed re-surgery (thoracoscopy, talk pleurodesis). Hospital stay 6 days. Probably now relation to drug intake.
- Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- was on 10 mg Celexa which was increased 1 week ago to 20 mg due to high levels of stress in workplace. 7 days into increased dose experienced high level of anger in workplace due to stressful conditions.
- this has been going on for a year and a half where both of my hands and arms are completely useless for at least an hour a day. the past two weeks it has spread to my toes, feet, and legs, and now lasting 3 hours a day.
More related studies for: Ritalin, Anger
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.