Review: could Ritalin cause Breast enlargement?
Summary: Breast enlargement is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Risperdal, and have Pain.
We study 9,715 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Breast enlargement. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast enlargement and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ritalin and have Breast enlargement >>>
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from 11,225 Ritalin users)
Breast enlargement has been reported by people with enlarged prostate, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 1,975 Breast enlargement patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 9,715 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin. Among them, 13 people (0.13%) have Breast Enlargement.
Time on Ritalin when people have Breast enlargement * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Breast enlargement when taking Ritalin * :
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Breast enlargement when taking Ritalin * :
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||22.22%||77.78%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Breast enlargement when taking Ritalin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breast enlargement ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 38.46%)
- Headache (5 people, 38.46%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 30.77%)
- Hypotonia (4 people, 30.77%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (4 people, 30.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (11 people, 84.62%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 46.15%)
- Tegretol (5 people, 38.46%)
- Paxil (5 people, 38.46%)
- Zomig (5 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ritalin and breast enlargement on
Do you have Breast Enlargement while taking Ritalin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Breast Enlargement
- support group for people who take Ritalin
- support group for people who have Breast Enlargement
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 42-year old woman with Disturbance In Attention. The patient has Chest Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 15-year old boy with ADHD. The patient has Tic
Recent Ritalin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.