Review: could Ritalin cause Breast enlargement?
Summary: Breast enlargement is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Risperdal, and have Pain.
We study 9,694 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Breast enlargement. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast enlargement and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ritalin and have Breast enlargement >>>
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 11,200 users)
Breast enlargement has been reported by people with enlarged prostate, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Breast enlargement 1,948 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 9,694 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin. Among them, 13 people (0.13%) have Breast Enlargement.
Time on Ritalin when people have Breast enlargement * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Breast enlargement when taking Ritalin * :
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Breast enlargement when taking Ritalin * :
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||22.22%||77.78%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Breast enlargement when taking Ritalin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breast enlargement ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 38.46%)
- Headache (5 people, 38.46%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 30.77%)
- Hypotonia (4 people, 30.77%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (4 people, 30.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (11 people, 84.62%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 46.15%)
- Tegretol (5 people, 38.46%)
- Paxil (5 people, 38.46%)
- Zomig (5 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Breast Enlargement while taking Ritalin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Breast Enlargement
- support group for people who take Ritalin
- support group for people who have Breast Enlargement
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could ritalin cause temporary dementia in elderly
I had a period of dementia that lasted for the better part of a day. I was brought to the hospital because they thought I was having a stroke. I have no memory of the event until I was in the hospital. I had been prescribed Ritalin because I have become unable to concentrate as well as I once could. That started about ten years ago and it was also had a very sudden onset, after a case of the flu.
A Psychiatrist prescribed a dosage of Methylphenidate to be taken twice a day. I had a really hectic day ahead and thought that if I took both of them at once, it would help me get through the ordeal. I am under a lot of stress and thought it may help me cope. I have since thrown them out because the condition started about an hour after I took them according to family members. I don't remember the dosage, but I think it was a lower dosage because I had just started taking them on an "as needed basis." The doctor knew that I was going to use them for that purpose. I used them twice before (at the correct dosage) when I had to concentrate on paperwork, etc. They caused irregular heartbeat and a little bit of anxiety, but they did help me concentrate. The hospital tests ruled out a stroke or TIA. My thyroid level was off and the doctor at the hospital told me to stop the thyroid medication (Armour Thyroid) until I could see my family doctor and be retested. This all happened about five days ago. I'm back to what I consider normal now. Could that episode have been caused by the Ritalin?
- What is the reaction to vivitrol and ritalin?
25 year old client in early recovery from opioid dependence takes ritalin and seroquel and wants to add vivitrol. What are the risks and side effects?
- What drugs cause male breast enlargement (2 answers)
At age 62 breast seam to enlarge over the last two years
- The appetite suppressant effects of ephedrine have worn off just starting concerta will it suppress my appetite?
Just wondering if I have developed tolerance to ephedrine (quantified as a return of appetite) will the stimulant effects of concerta work on me
- Can you split the tablet of limitical 200mg?
I have taken 150mg or 200mg of lamitical for 25 years. I am now spliting the 200 tablet in half to make 300mg. Started sweating big time.
More questions for: Ritalin, Breast enlargement
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam at all...
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Seroquel made me weird, indifferent to everything.
With constant anxiety. I found myself not wanting to be nice to my family, hearting them and seeing the consecuences later , rather than before. I remember wearing a wig to the nutritionist, "just because".
- Temporal lobe epilepsy in concerta (1 response)
My son is 8 years old and has ADHD with severe hyperactivity and impulsivity. He has been on meds since he was 5. We started with Foculin, switched to Daytrana patch and just recently (with the help of his Psychiatrist) decided to try Concerta. We stopped the Daytrana and began titration onto Concerta. We did three days of 18mg, 3 days of 36mg and then up to 54mg. I gave him the 54 mg of Concerta at 7:30 am and by 9:20 was having a full blown seizure. THIS WAS THE FIRST DAY OF THE 54mg. He has never had a seizure before, is on no other medication and we have no family history. I stopped the med immediately and went back to the Daytrana. He has had no other seizures at this point.
More reviews for: Ritalin, Breast enlargement
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Re-Pneumothorax 10 years after first and only spontaneous pneumothorax about 8 month after starting therapy with Concerta. Needed re-surgery (thoracoscopy, talk pleurodesis). Hospital stay 6 days. Probably now relation to drug intake.
- Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- this has been going on for a year and a half where both of my hands and arms are completely useless for at least an hour a day. the past two weeks it has spread to my toes, feet, and legs, and now lasting 3 hours a day.
- I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
- i get agressive my jaw locks up i get neck problems the pill did stop my growth. my skin is sensetive it turns red alot i get headaches quit a bit i have chest pains and i get nervous and twitch.sometimes i get dizzy and almost pass out i have breathing problems i am 21 but took ritalin at the age o ...
More related studies for: Ritalin, Breast enlargement
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.