Review: could Ritalin cause Chest tightness or pressure (Chest pain)?
Summary: Chest tightness or pressure is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ambien, and have Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We study 9,694 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 411 have Chest tightness or pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest tightness or pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ritalin and have Chest tightness or pressure >>>
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 11,200 users)
Chest tightness or pressure
Chest tightness or pressure has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Chest tightness or pressure 136,216 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 9,685 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin. Among them, 411 people (4.24%) have Chest Tightness Or Pressure.
Time on Ritalin when people have Chest tightness or pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest tightness or pressure||27.50%||32.50%||7.50%||15.00%||17.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chest tightness or pressure when taking Ritalin * :
|Chest tightness or pressure||53.16%||46.84% |
Age of people who have Chest tightness or pressure when taking Ritalin * :
|Chest tightness or pressure||0.00%||7.91%||13.49%||7.67%||15.12%||16.28%||21.86%||17.67% |
Severity of Chest tightness or pressure when taking Ritalin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest tightness or pressure||9.09%||63.64%||18.18%||9.09% |
How people recovered from Chest tightness or pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest tightness or pressure||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (72 people, 17.52%)
- Pain (49 people, 11.92%)
- Depression (40 people, 9.73%)
- Anxiety (35 people, 8.52%)
- Metastases to bone (33 people, 8.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (89 people, 21.65%)
- Zometa (81 people, 19.71%)
- Zoloft (70 people, 17.03%)
- Aredia (70 people, 17.03%)
- Ativan (68 people, 16.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chest Tightness Or Pressure while taking Ritalin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Chest Tightness Or Pressure
- support group for people who take Ritalin
- support group for people who have Chest Tightness Or Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could ritalin cause temporary dementia in elderly
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Temporary Dementia Type Symptoms, and takes Ritalin)
I had a period of dementia that lasted for the better part of a day. I was brought to the hospital because they thought I was having a stroke. I have no memory of the event until I was in the hospital. I had been prescribed Ritalin because I have become unable to concentrate as well as I once could. That started about ten years ago and it was also had a very sudden onset, after a case of the flu.
A Psychiatrist prescribed a dosage of Methylphenidate to be taken twice a day. I had a really hectic day ahead and thought that if I took both of them at once, it would help me get through the ordeal. I am under a lot of stress and thought it may help me cope. I have since thrown them out because the condition started about an hour after I took them according to family members. I don't remember the dosage, but I think it was a lower dosage because I had just started taking them on an "as needed basis." The doctor knew that I was going to use them for that purpose. I used them twice before (at the correct dosage) when I had to concentrate on paperwork, etc. They caused irregular heartbeat and a little bit of anxiety, but they did help me concentrate. The hospital tests ruled out a stroke or TIA. My thyroid level was off and the doctor at the hospital told me to stop the thyroid medication (Armour Thyroid) until I could see my family doctor and be retested. This all happened about five days ago. I'm back to what I consider normal now. Could that episode have been caused by the Ritalin?
- What is the reaction to vivitrol and ritalin?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Drug Addiction, and takes Seroquel, Vivitrol, Ritalin)
25 year old client in early recovery from opioid dependence takes ritalin and seroquel and wants to add vivitrol. What are the risks and side effects?
- The appetite suppressant effects of ephedrine have worn off just starting concerta will it suppress my appetite?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who takes Concerta)
Just wondering if I have developed tolerance to ephedrine (quantified as a return of appetite) will the stimulant effects of concerta work on me
- Can the use of triamcinolone ointment on the eyelids, nose, and side of mouth cause headache, uneven heartbeat and aura
(Asked by a 17 year old boy who has Chest Pain, Aura, and takes Triamcinolone)
Started noticing slight chest pain, small tension like headaches and auras after a year and half, did not apply everyday, maybe on average once ever week or two for a year and a half
- Can you split the tablet of limitical 200mg?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Sweating - Excessive, and takes Ritalin La)
I have taken 150mg or 200mg of lamitical for 25 years. I am now spliting the 200 tablet in half to make 300mg. Started sweating big time.
More questions for: Ritalin, Chest tightness or pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has COPD, PTSD, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Dysthymia, and takes Simvastatin, Daytrana, Klonopin, Concerta, Lamictal Xr, Prozac)
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
(Posted by a 18 year old boy who has (FR) TDAH, and takes Ritalin)
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam at all...
- Chest pain while on yasmin
(Posted by a 27 year old woman who has Chest Pain, and takes Yasmin)
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescribed by my OG for withdrawal bleed
- Seroquel made me weird, indifferent to everything.
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Schizotypal Personality Disorder, and takes Concerta)
With constant anxiety. I found myself not wanting to be nice to my family, hearting them and seeing the consecuences later , rather than before. I remember wearing a wig to the nutritionist, "just because".
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
More reviews for: Ritalin, Chest tightness or pressure
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Pneumothorax (the presence of air or gas in the cavity between the lungs and the chest wall, causing collapse of the lung)
Comments: Re-Pneumothorax 10 years after first and only spontaneous pneumothorax about 8 month after starting therapy with Concerta. Needed re-surgery (thoracoscopy, talk pleurodesis). Hospital stay 6 days. Probably now relation to drug intake.
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with Narcolepsy. The patient has Can't Move Fingers, Hands , Arms Intermittently
Comments: this has been going on for a year and a half where both of my hands and arms are completely useless for at least an hour a day. the past two weeks it has spread to my toes, feet, and legs, and now lasting 3 hours a day.
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Concerta for a patient with Depression, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite
Comments: I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity. The patient has Pain - Back
Comments: i get agressive my jaw locks up i get neck problems the pill did stop my growth. my skin is sensetive it turns red alot i get headaches quit a bit i have chest pains and i get nervous and twitch.sometimes i get dizzy and almost pass out i have breathing problems i am 21 but took ritalin at the age o ...
More related studies for: Ritalin, Chest tightness or pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.