Review: could Ritalin cause Irritability?
We study 9,685 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 156 have Irritability. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritability and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ritalin and have Irritability >>>
Ritalin (latest outcomes from 11,175 users) has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Irritability (latest reports from 146,801 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 9,675 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin. Among them, 156 people (1.61%) have Irritability.
Time on Ritalin when people have Irritability * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Irritability when taking Ritalin * :
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Ritalin * :
Severity of Irritability when taking Ritalin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Irritability ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (89 people, 57.05%)
- Depression (19 people, 12.18%)
- Pain (13 people, 8.33%)
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 7.69%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ritalin la (36 people, 23.08%)
- Prozac (31 people, 19.87%)
- Ritalin-sr (21 people, 13.46%)
- Paxil (20 people, 12.82%)
- Neurontin (20 people, 12.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritability while taking Ritalin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Irritability
- support group for people who take Ritalin
- support group for people who have Irritability
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ritalin, Irritability
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Seroquel made me weird, indifferent to everything.
With constant anxiety. I found myself not wanting to be nice to my family, hearting them and seeing the consecuences later , rather than before. I remember wearing a wig to the nutritionist, "just because".
- Temporal lobe epilepsy in concerta
My son is 8 years old and has ADHD with severe hyperactivity and impulsivity. He has been on meds since he was 5. We started with Foculin, switched to Daytrana patch and just recently (with the help of his Psychiatrist) decided to try Concerta. We stopped the Daytrana and began titration onto Conc ...
More reviews for: Ritalin, Irritability
On eHealthMe, Ritalin (methylphenidate hydrochloride) is often used for narcolepsy. Find out below the conditions Ritalin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ritalin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Metformin, Concerta for a patient with Hypertension, Pcos, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Self-induced Vomiting, Chronic Depression, Anxiety, Self Mutilation, Appetite - Decreased, Suicidal Behaviour, Irritability
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a patient with Add. The patient has Decreased Appetite (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Depression, Irritability, Epistaxis (bleed from the nose)
- A study of drug interactions between Pristiq, Methylin for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Irritability
More related studies for: Ritalin, Irritability
Recent Ritalin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Ritalin, Irritability
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.