Review: could Ritalin cause Parkinsons (Parkinson's Disease)?
Summary: Parkinsons is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Paxil, and have Depression.
We study 9,715 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Parkinsons. Find out below who they are, when they have Parkinsons and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ritalin and have Parkinsons >>>
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from 11,225 Ritalin users)
Parkinsons has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 24,119 Parkinsons patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 9,715 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin. Among them, 22 people (0.23%) have Parkinsons.
Time on Ritalin when people have Parkinsons * :
Gender of people who have Parkinsons when taking Ritalin * :
Age of people who have Parkinsons when taking Ritalin * :
Severity of Parkinsons when taking Ritalin ** :
How people recovered from Parkinsons ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 31.82%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 27.27%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (5 people, 22.73%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 13.64%)
- Prostatomegaly (1 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil (6 people, 27.27%)
- Promethazine hcl (6 people, 27.27%)
- Wellbutrin (6 people, 27.27%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 27.27%)
- Remeron (5 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinsons while taking Ritalin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Parkinsons
- support group for people who take Ritalin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Zoloft for a 64-year old woman with Neuropathy, Depression. The patient has Sweating, Shaking Palsy, Diahhrea, Panic Attack
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 25-year old man with Disturbance In Attention. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Wellbutrin Sr, Cymbalta, Mirapex for a 46-year old woman with Chronic Depression. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 32-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Ritalin, Lo Loestrin Fe, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta for a 31-year old woman with Vitamin C, Add, Oral Contraception, Depression. The patient has Vaginal Mucus, Anal Mucus
Recent Ritalin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.