Ritalin and Parkinsons - from FDA reports
Parkinsons is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old also take medication Paxil, and have Schizoaffective disorder. This review analyzes which people have Parkinsons with Ritalin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,196 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
16,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 27 people (0.17%) have Parkinsons
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Parkinsons when taking Ritalin *:
- female: 28 %
- male: 72 %
Age of people who have Parkinsons when taking Ritalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 5 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 10 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5 %
- 50-59: 60 %
- 60+: 20 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizoaffective Disorder (5 people, 18.52%)
- Stress And Anxiety (3 people, 11.11%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 11.11%)
- Psychotic Disorder (2 people, 7.41%)
- Delusion (2 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Paxil (7 people, 25.93%)
- Wellbutrin (6 people, 22.22%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 22.22%)
- Risperdal (6 people, 22.22%)
- Remeron (6 people, 22.22%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gait Disturbance (10 people, 37.04%)
- Extrapyramidal Disorder (10 people, 37.04%)
- Tremor (8 people, 29.63%)
- Paraesthesia (7 people, 25.93%)
- Dizziness (6 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinsons when taking Ritalin?
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 18,216 users)
Parkinsons has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 41,458 Parkinsons patients).