Review: could Ritalin cause Rapid heart beat (Heart Rate Increased)?
Summary: Rapid heart beat is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Strattera, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 9,715 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 147 have Rapid heart beat. Find out below who they are, when they have Rapid heart beat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ritalin and have Rapid heart beat >>>
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 11,226 Ritalin users)
Rapid heart beat
Rapid heart beat has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma. (latest reports from 39,719 Rapid heart beat patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 9,715 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin. Among them, 147 people (1.51%) have Rapid Heart Beat.
Time on Ritalin when people have Rapid heart beat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rapid heart beat||68.42%||15.79%||5.26%||5.26%||5.26%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Ritalin * :
|Rapid heart beat||46.34%||53.66% |
Age of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Ritalin * :
|Rapid heart beat||0.63%||12.58%||31.45%||14.47%||13.21%||11.95%||4.40%||11.32% |
Severity of Rapid heart beat when taking Ritalin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rapid heart beat||16.67%||66.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rapid heart beat ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (74 people, 50.34%)
- Depression (23 people, 15.65%)
- Anxiety (19 people, 12.93%)
- Contraception (10 people, 6.80%)
- Sleep disorder (10 people, 6.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Strattera (34 people, 23.13%)
- Ritalin la (26 people, 17.69%)
- Xanax (17 people, 11.56%)
- Concerta (14 people, 9.52%)
- Wellbutrin (13 people, 8.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ritalin and rapid heart beat on
Do you have Rapid Heart Beat while taking Ritalin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Rapid Heart Beat
- support group for people who take Ritalin
- support group for people who have Rapid Heart Beat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 42-year old woman with Disturbance In Attention. The patient has Chest Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
Recent Ritalin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.