Home > Ritalin > Stomach upset > Ritalin and Stomach upset
Review: could Ritalin cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
We study 9,685 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ritalin and have Stomach upset >>>
Ritalin (latest outcomes from 11,175 users) has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Stomach upset (latest reports from 844,689 patients) has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 9,685 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin. Among them, 350 people (3.61%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Ritalin when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||38.30%||23.40%||6.38%||10.64%||12.77%||4.26%||4.26% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Ritalin * :
|Stomach upset||50.39%||49.61% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Ritalin * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||13.80%||17.48%||13.19%||7.36%||10.74%||12.27%||25.15% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Ritalin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach upset||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (92 people, 26.29%)
- Pain (39 people, 11.14%)
- Depression (30 people, 8.57%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 6.57%)
- Metastases to bone (21 people, 6.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (62 people, 17.71%)
- Oxycontin (58 people, 16.57%)
- Neurontin (53 people, 15.14%)
- Prozac (50 people, 14.29%)
- Zometa (48 people, 13.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Ritalin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Ritalin
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Ritalin, Stomach upset
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Seroquel made me weird, indifferent to everything.
With constant anxiety. I found myself not wanting to be nice to my family, hearting them and seeing the consecuences later , rather than before. I remember wearing a wig to the nutritionist, "just because".
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Temporal lobe epilepsy in concerta
My son is 8 years old and has ADHD with severe hyperactivity and impulsivity. He has been on meds since he was 5. We started with Foculin, switched to Daytrana patch and just recently (with the help of his Psychiatrist) decided to try Concerta. We stopped the Daytrana and began titration onto Conc ...
- Neulasta side effect
Day 7 post neulasta injection, experienced 24-36 hours of intense nausea, vomiting, and bone pain.
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Choking on fluid in my throat
I have taken 2 pills, in the last 48 hour period. I have never taken Prevacid 24hr before, and was told it would be safe to use while pregnant. I woke up, the second night, to either mucus or some fluid, in my throat. When I tried it "clear" my throat, the fluid moved to block my breathing. I starte ...
More reviews for: Ritalin, Stomach upset
On eHealthMe, Ritalin (methylphenidate hydrochloride) is often used for narcolepsy. Find out below the conditions Ritalin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ritalin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Ritalin La for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Concerta, Xanax, Benadryl, Caffeine, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin C, Alcohol for a patient with Depression, Add, Anxiety, Allergies, Weight Loss, Enzyme Supplementation, N-a-g. The patient has Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a patient with Adhd. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Dizziness Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Sevoflurane, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride for a patient with Anastomotic Stenosis, Adhd. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
More related studies for: Ritalin, Stomach upset
Recent Ritalin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Daytrana, Focalin Xr for a 9-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Daytrana, , Focalin Xr for a 9-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Strattera, Concerta for a 24-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Acetaminophen, Concerta for a 5-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Concerta, Clozapine for a 27-year old man who has Schizophrenia Simple
- Comparions of Provigil, Vyvanse, Concerta, Adderall for a 38-year old woman who has Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Concerta, Vyvanse
- Comparions of Ritalin, Adderall, Strattera, Vyvanse, Daytrana for a 12-year old boy who has ADD
- Comparions of Concerta, Lyrica for a 36-year old man who has ADD
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Concerta, Strattera, Adderall Xr 25 for a 35-year old woman who has ADHD
More related comparison studies for: Ritalin, Stomach upset
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.