Rituxan and Alopecia - from FDA reports
Alopecia is found among people who take Rituxan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Humira, and have Neuralgia. This review analyzes which people have Alopecia with Rituxan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,938 people who have side effects when taking Rituxan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
21,938 people reported to have side effects when taking Rituxan.
Among them, 335 people (1.53%) have Alopecia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Rituxan when people have Alopecia *:
- < 1 month: 25.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 15.62 %
- 1 - 2 years: 34.38 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Rituxan *:
- female: 86.36 %
- male: 13.64 %
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Rituxan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.52 %
- 30-39: 2.02 %
- 40-49: 32.83 %
- 50-59: 22.73 %
- 60+: 40.91 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neuralgia (10 people, 2.99%)
- Sjogren Syndrome (9 people, 2.69%)
- Analgesic Therapy (9 people, 2.69%)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (7 people, 2.09%)
- Burkitt Lymphoma (7 people, 2.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (162 people, 48.36%)
- Enbrel (160 people, 47.76%)
- Orencia (150 people, 44.78%)
- Remicade (134 people, 40.00%)
- Arava (124 people, 37.01%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (144 people, 42.99%)
- Pain (134 people, 40.00%)
- Drug Ineffective (132 people, 39.40%)
- Pemphigus (100 people, 29.85%)
- Abdominal Discomfort (93 people, 27.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia when taking Rituxan?
Rituxan has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Rituxan 20,579 users)
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 88,081 Alopecia patients).