Home > Rituxan > Cough > Rituxan and Cough
Review: could Rituxan cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Rituxan, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
We study 10,197 people who have side effects while taking Rituxan from FDA and social media. Among them, 185 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rituxan and have Cough >>>
Rituxan (latest outcomes from 10,310 users) has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Cough (latest reports from 489,251 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 10,197 people reported to have side effects when taking Rituxan. Among them, 185 people (1.81%) have Cough.
Time on Rituxan when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Rituxan * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Rituxan * :
Severity of Cough when taking Rituxan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (32 people, 17.30%)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (19 people, 10.27%)
- Mantle cell lymphoma (13 people, 7.03%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (12 people, 6.49%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (12 people, 6.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (42 people, 22.70%)
- Vincristine (37 people, 20.00%)
- Cytoxan (30 people, 16.22%)
- Neulasta (28 people, 15.14%)
- Zometa (27 people, 14.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Rituxan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rituxan and have Cough
- support group for people who take Rituxan
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Caugh taking velicade but been taking for long time just starting cough
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Cough, and takes Velcade)
Been taking Velicade for 5 yrs never had problems before. Being treated for MM
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers, and takes Rituxan)
24 hr. after last rituxan tx. developed horrible mouth uclers - mouth skin looked liked hanging chads in the mouth. 8 l/2 months later everything 17 specialists can think of have not worked...Any suggestions. Help this is awful
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aortic Valve Stenosis, Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin's, and takes Etoposide, Carboplatin , Ifosfamide, Vincristine Sulfate, Prednisone, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cyclophosphamide , Rituxan)
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO ...
- I am recently taking prozac and nexium and recently developed a cough. could it be a drug reaction?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Cough, and takes Nexium, Prozac)
I have developed a cough since taking Nexium and prozac.want to know if this is common.
- Myself and my two children started with a cold and in a matter of a day or two we all have pink goopy eyes cough and severe jaw pain what could this be???
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Pink Eye, Cough, Pain In Jaw)
my children ages 2 and 4 caught the cold first but within two day the entire household had pink eye cough and jaw pain
More questions for: Rituxan, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Does rituxan cause laryngitis?
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Laryngitis Allergic, and takes Rituxan)
Two days after first Rituxan infusion, still suffering with dripping sinuses and laryngitis. Unable to speak at all today. Related to the Rituxan?
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Rituxan mental changes
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Nephrotic Syndrome, and takes Losartan, Tacrolimus, Rituxan)
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
More reviews for: Rituxan, Cough
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness, Cough, Shoulder Pain
Comments: I always get moderate to severe side effects from medications. I've been taking lisinopril about 6-8 years.
- A study of side effects of Rituxan for a patient with Leukemia - Chronic Lymphocytic (CLL). The patient has Fludarabine
Comments: Have developed a chronic form of myalgia - very painful.
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Cough
Comments: chronic thickening
minimal blunting of bilateral costophrenic angles
- A study of drug interactions between Pyrazinamide, Rifampin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive, Tuberculosis. The patient has Breathlessness, Cough, Chest Pain
Comments: i am having breathing problem from last few days.
More related studies for: Rituxan, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.