Home > Rituxan > Cough > Rituxan and Cough
Review: could Rituxan cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Rituxan, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
We study 10,197 people who have side effects while taking Rituxan from FDA and social media. Among them, 185 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rituxan and have Cough >>>
Rituxan (latest outcomes from 10,311 users) has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Cough (latest reports from 73,998 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 10,197 people reported to have side effects when taking Rituxan. Among them, 185 people (1.81%) have Cough.
Time on Rituxan when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Rituxan * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Rituxan * :
Severity of Cough when taking Rituxan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (32 people, 17.30%)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (19 people, 10.27%)
- Mantle cell lymphoma (13 people, 7.03%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (12 people, 6.49%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (12 people, 6.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (42 people, 22.70%)
- Vincristine (37 people, 20.00%)
- Cytoxan (30 people, 16.22%)
- Neulasta (28 people, 15.14%)
- Zometa (27 people, 14.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Rituxan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rituxan and have Cough
- support group for people who take Rituxan
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Caugh taking velicade but been taking for long time just starting cough
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Cough, and takes Velcade)
Been taking Velicade for 5 yrs never had problems before. Being treated for MM
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers, and takes Rituxan)
24 hr. after last rituxan tx. developed horrible mouth uclers - mouth skin looked liked hanging chads in the mouth. 8 l/2 months later everything 17 specialists can think of have not worked...Any suggestions. Help this is awful
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aortic Valve Stenosis, Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin's, and takes Etoposide, Carboplatin , Ifosfamide, Vincristine Sulfate, Prednisone, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cyclophosphamide , Rituxan)
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO ...
- I am recently taking prozac and nexium and recently developed a cough. could it be a drug reaction?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Cough, and takes Nexium, Prozac)
I have developed a cough since taking Nexium and prozac.want to know if this is common.
- Myself and my two children started with a cold and in a matter of a day or two we all have pink goopy eyes cough and severe jaw pain what could this be???
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Pink Eye, Cough, Pain In Jaw)
my children ages 2 and 4 caught the cold first but within two day the entire household had pink eye cough and jaw pain
More questions for: Rituxan, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Does rituxan cause laryngitis?
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Laryngitis Allergic, and takes Rituxan)
Two days after first Rituxan infusion, still suffering with dripping sinuses and laryngitis. Unable to speak at all today. Related to the Rituxan?
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Rituxan mental changes
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Nephrotic Syndrome, and takes Losartan, Tacrolimus, Rituxan)
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
More reviews for: Rituxan, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Fever, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Stomach Discomfort (pain in abdomen), Sinus Headache (headache caused by sinus infections), Allodynia (other pain), Cough
Comments: Began 3 weeks ago with congestion and coughing. Nausea followed, then fever and sinus pressure. Allodynia is the most recent symptom. Has a history of shingles, however the pain has lasted more than 5 days without any blistering or rashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of side effects of Urecholine for a patient with Neurogenic Bladder. The patient has Cough
Comments: Mom has bouts of uncontrollable coughing. She was found barely breathing and foaming at the mouth (phlegm). After she was sunctioned and given oxygen she seemed to improve but was transported to hospital. Numerous tests were done (blood and chest xrays). She was released as there was no reason to ...
- A study of side effects of Zioptan for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Cough
Comments: Dry cough started after starting Zioptan. Coughing started while I had a cold, and persisted after the cold resolved. Upper airway sometimes seems irritated, too. No shortness of breath. Chest x-ray normal.
More related studies for: Rituxan, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.