Review: could Rituxan cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Rituxan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Decadron, and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
We study 10,200 people who have side effects while taking Rituxan from FDA and social media. Among them, 60 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rituxan and have Insomnia >>>
Rituxan has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Rituxan 10,311 users)
Insomnia has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Insomnia 135,811 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 10,200 people reported to have side effects when taking Rituxan. Among them, 63 people (0.62%) have Insomnia.
Time on Rituxan when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Rituxan * :
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Rituxan * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Rituxan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (11 people, 17.46%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (11 people, 17.46%)
- Dermatitis (8 people, 12.70%)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (6 people, 9.52%)
- Pain (6 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Decadron (22 people, 34.92%)
- Prednisone (20 people, 31.75%)
- Vincristine (19 people, 30.16%)
- Cytoxan (16 people, 25.40%)
- Adriamycin pfs (16 people, 25.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Rituxan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rituxan and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Rituxan
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Insomnia
My insomnia was provoked by a 'medicine cocktail', prescribed medications that were contraindicated. I just had a rough experience with Serotonin Syndrome, grateful to be alive.
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months???? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers, and takes Rituxan)
24 hr. after last rituxan tx. developed horrible mouth uclers - mouth skin looked liked hanging chads in the mouth. 8 l/2 months later everything 17 specialists can think of have not worked...Any suggestions. Help this is awful
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
More questions for: Rituxan, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Insomnia, Severe Restless Legs, and takes Doxylamine Succinate)
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Does rituxan cause laryngitis?
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Laryngitis Allergic, and takes Rituxan)
Two days after first Rituxan infusion, still suffering with dripping sinuses and laryngitis. Unable to speak at all today. Related to the Rituxan?
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Rituxan, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Methotrexate, Celebrex, Benadryl, Xanax, Enbrel for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis, Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Insomnia
Comments: I have had insomnia off and on all my life until I turned 40 and the I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis and I was tired all the time and I was sleeping a lot for me and it was good to be able to sleep. The doctor put me on Methotrexate and Enbrel and I could still sleep not as much as before ...
- A study of side effects of Lo Loestrin Fe for a patient with Help Painful Monthly Cycle. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: My obgyn tried this pill to help my cycles. My cycles were painful 3 out of 4 weeks a month. I have had a lot of stress going on in my life so I blew it off as that was why I am crying, can't sleep/well and ready to blow at any time. Now I am wondering if it is the pill.
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Pristiq, Synthroid, Cytomel for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Essential Tremor, Md, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Uneasiness, Muscle Pain, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: Concerned could have Serotonin Syndrome....not sure how long body takes to adjust to change in meds. From 100mcg.Synthroid to 75mcg then 5mcg
Cytomel added...have been on Pristiq (100mg for 5 years with one adjustment and little to no adverse side effects)...been on Synthroid for 44 years. Could th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Omeprazole for a patient with Insomnia, Gerd. The patient has Ear Wax, Insomnia
Comments: While on genetic restoril I am wearing a heart monitor because of pulse 125. For 4 hrs
I am not going to take this to see if palpitations or tachycardia stops
Is this fairly common. The drug has been a miracle worker but I am now afraid to take it
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Rituxan, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.