Home > Rituxan > Jc virus infection > Rituxan and Jc virus infection
Review: could Rituxan cause Jc virus infection?
We study 10,197 people who have side effects while taking Rituxan from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Jc virus infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Jc virus infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rituxan and have Jc virus infection >>>
Rituxan (latest outcomes from 10,306 users) has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Jc virus infection
Jc virus infection (latest reports from 1,427 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, kidney transplant.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 10,197 people reported to have side effects when taking Rituxan. Among them, 26 people (0.25%) have Jc Virus Infection.
Time on Rituxan when people have Jc virus infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Jc virus infection||26.67%||33.33%||0.00%||6.67%||13.33%||20.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Jc virus infection when taking Rituxan * :
|Jc virus infection||62.96%||37.04% |
Age of people who have Jc virus infection when taking Rituxan * :
|Jc virus infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||7.69%||7.69%||76.92% |
Severity of Jc virus infection when taking Rituxan ** :
How people recovered from Jc virus infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (8 people, 30.77%)
- Transplant rejection (3 people, 11.54%)
- Haemolytic uraemic syndrome (3 people, 11.54%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 7.69%)
- Agitation (2 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (5 people, 19.23%)
- Coumadin (4 people, 15.38%)
- Spiriva (4 people, 15.38%)
- Baclofen (4 people, 15.38%)
- Cyclophosphamide (4 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Jc Virus Infection while taking Rituxan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rituxan and have Jc Virus Infection
- support group for people who take Rituxan
- support group for people who have Jc Virus Infection
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
24 hr. after last rituxan tx. developed horrible mouth uclers - mouth skin looked liked hanging chads in the mouth. 8 l/2 months later everything 17 specialists can think of have not worked...Any suggestions. Help this is awful
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO ...
- Do any of my medications cause peripheral neuropathy
Peripheral neuropathy started after my diagnosis and the initiation of the RA meds. My Rheumatologist says it is not associated with the meds BUT I find info on the net that disagrees. I think it is the med(s). I am interested in what experience others have had. Thanks K
More questions for: Rituxan, Jc virus infection
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Does rituxan cause laryngitis?
Two days after first Rituxan infusion, still suffering with dripping sinuses and laryngitis. Unable to speak at all today. Related to the Rituxan?
- Rituxan mental changes
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
More reviews for: Rituxan, Jc virus infection
On eHealthMe, Rituxan (rituximab) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Rituxan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Rituxan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Rituxan, Jc virus infection
Recent Rituxan related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Rituxan, Jc virus infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (13 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (55 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Terbinafine Hydrochloride
- Reversal Of Sedation
- Dreams Bad