Rituxan and Jc virus infection - from FDA reports
Jc virus infection is found among people who take Rituxan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Coumadin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Jc virus infection with Rituxan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,938 people who have side effects when taking Rituxan from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 05, 2017
21,938 people reported to have side effects when taking Rituxan.
Among them, 32 people (0.15%) have Jc virus infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Rituxan when people have Jc virus infection *:
- < 1 month: 14.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 35.71 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.14 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 21.43 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Jc virus infection when taking Rituxan *:
- female: 72.41 %
- male: 27.59 %
Age of people who have Jc virus infection when taking Rituxan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 8 %
- 40-49: 8 %
- 50-59: 4 %
- 60+: 80 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 9.38%)
- Transplant Rejection (2 people, 6.25%)
- Pain (2 people, 6.25%)
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma (2 people, 6.25%)
- Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome (2 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (5 people, 15.62%)
- Coumadin (5 people, 15.62%)
- Cytarabine (4 people, 12.50%)
- Carboplatin (4 people, 12.50%)
- Allopurinol (4 people, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (17 people, 53.12%)
- Speech Impairment (adult) (4 people, 12.50%)
- Pneumonia Aspiration (4 people, 12.50%)
- Hemiplegia (4 people, 12.50%)
- General Physical Health Deterioration (4 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Jc virus infection when taking Rituxan?
- Check symptoms - is jc virus infection caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsJc virus infection and drugs with ingredients of rituximab.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeJc virus infection and Rituxan from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Rituxan has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Rituxan 22,322 users)
Jc virus infection
Jc virus infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, rheumatoid arthritis, kidney transplant (latest reports from 502 Jc virus infection patients).
Browse all side effects of Rituxana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Jc virus infectionJc virus infection
Could your condition cause Jc virus infectionJc virus infection
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am 50 years old and have been on rituxan for 8 months with 4 treatments so far. Last night I was diagnosed with diverticulitis at the er. I am interested in hearing other people's experiences and what they are doing for preventative steps to avoid future episodes of diverticulitis.
I have Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis and my consultant recommended I take two courses of rituximab. The first infusion was in early June with he second at the end of June. All seemed fine until October when my period failed to show up and hasn't thus far - any one else experience the same?
Am what they call a wine sampler a sip here a sip there, buy the end of the night it's about a glass of wine. On October 19 I received my first infusion of rituxan / and the second November 02 . Is it safe now . Or should I stick to water . Am not a big drinker but like to taste on the holidays .
User reviews to the study
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
I had my second infusion on 4/12 and Thursday I got a rash all over my body. The rash is very uncomfortable and Benadryl, cool showers, and cold compresses does not help. Does anyone have a good treatment?