Review: could Rituxan cause Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia )?
Summary: Platelet count decreased is found among people who take Rituxan, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cyclophosphamide, and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
We study 10,200 people who have side effects while taking Rituxan from FDA and social media. Among them, 340 have Platelet count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Platelet count decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rituxan and have Platelet count decreased >>>
Rituxan has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Rituxan 10,311 users)
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, schizophrenia.(latest reports from Platelet count decreased 40,979 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 10,197 people reported to have side effects when taking Rituxan. Among them, 340 people (3.33%) have Platelet Count Decreased.
Time on Rituxan when people have Platelet count decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Platelet count decreased||54.29%||43.57%||1.43%||0.71%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Rituxan * :
|Platelet count decreased||45.34%||54.66% |
Age of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Rituxan * :
|Platelet count decreased||0.00%||0.28%||0.28%||1.69%||3.66%||8.73%||21.13%||64.23% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (77 people, 22.65%)
- Mantle cell lymphoma (54 people, 15.88%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (46 people, 13.53%)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (39 people, 11.47%)
- Hyperuricaemia (36 people, 10.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclophosphamide (95 people, 27.94%)
- Vincristine (61 people, 17.94%)
- Prednisone (56 people, 16.47%)
- Doxorubicin hcl (40 people, 11.76%)
- Neutrogin (39 people, 11.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Platelet Count Decreased while taking Rituxan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rituxan and have Platelet Count Decreased
- support group for people who take Rituxan
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months???? (1 answer)
24 hr. after last rituxan tx. developed horrible mouth uclers - mouth skin looked liked hanging chads in the mouth. 8 l/2 months later everything 17 specialists can think of have not worked...Any suggestions. Help this is awful
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO which showed aortic stenosis. I also had an episode of hypotension and bradycardia lasting about a day during one the RICE treatments.
- Do any of my medications cause peripheral neuropathy (1 answer)
Peripheral neuropathy started after my diagnosis and the initiation of the RA meds. My Rheumatologist says it is not associated with the meds BUT I find info on the net that disagrees. I think it is the med(s). I am interested in what experience others have had. Thanks K
- How does rituxan help pcd patients?
One neurologist wants to use rituxan to help while the other neurologist says it is too risky and has terrible side effects. Has it helped PCD patients?
- Pyrexia and one-alpha iv
she was treated for hypocalcemia with high PTH taking calcium per-os and iv,Renagel,trofocard,one-alpha iv.
after 5 days fever with shiver 2-3 times daily ,vomits,nausea
she took antibiotic therapy after positive gram - blood cultures (first E. coli,second another gram - microorganism )
Initially Targocid-tazocin followed after 3 days by ciprofloxacin iv
After this (having a CT with signs of billiary reaction without stones and liquid in douglas and hypo-pleural) meronem and briklin
After a few days no signs of clinical improvement -fever continues (2 times per day)
Is there any possibility initial drug therapy with one-alpha iv to be responsible for the complications
More questions for: Rituxan, Platelet count decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Does rituxan cause laryngitis?
Two days after first Rituxan infusion, still suffering with dripping sinuses and laryngitis. Unable to speak at all today. Related to the Rituxan?
- Rituxan mental changes (1 response)
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
More reviews for: Rituxan, Platelet count decreased
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH NON HODGKIN LYMPHOMA 3 STAGES IN AUG 2011 AFTER MY CHEMO TREATMENT WAS TOLD I HAD CRYPTOGENIC CIRRHOSIS THEY TRYED TO TELL ME I HAD CIRRHOSIS BEFORE MY DIAGNOSIS OF THE CANCER BUT I BELIEVE IT WAS FROM AFTER EFFECTS OF CHEMO DUE TO THEY DID NOT INFORM ME TILL AFTER ALL CHEMO TRE ...
- After undergoing chemo for Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma I have been getting severe leg cramps at night and sometimes during the day. Never had them before until beginning chemo. I now only receive rituxan every 8 weeks.
- Hypertension, colitis, appetite decrease occurred following second biweekly treatment. No recovery following a total of four treatments. Pt has GAD 65 and P/QType calcium channel antibodies. Results to level of antibodies is currently outstanding in lab.
- Anaphylactic shock upon first and second infusions. Crash team intervention required
Bilateral Pulmonary embolisms at 4th week of treatment
Chronic and multiple episodes of accute Hypotension started during Rituximab treatments. No hypoentention problems prior to Rituximab treatments.
- Still reccommended I stay on the drug for another year or 5 more doses--this problem ony occurring in the last 3 months--folicular lymphoma being trated--had chemotheraphy this is mantainence & Im worried about continuing
More related studies for: Rituxan, Platelet count decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.