Home > Rituxan > Platelet count decreased > Rituxan and Platelet count decreased
Review: could Rituxan cause Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia )?
Summary: Platelet count decreased is found among people who take Rituxan, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cyclophosphamide, and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
We study 10,197 people who have side effects while taking Rituxan from FDA and social media. Among them, 340 have Platelet count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Platelet count decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rituxan and have Platelet count decreased >>>
Rituxan (latest outcomes from 10,310 users) has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased (latest reports from 237,987 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 10,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Rituxan. Among them, 340 people (3.33%) have Platelet Count Decreased.
Time on Rituxan when people have Platelet count decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Platelet count decreased||54.29%||43.57%||1.43%||0.71%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Rituxan * :
|Platelet count decreased||45.34%||54.66% |
Age of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Rituxan * :
|Platelet count decreased||0.00%||0.28%||0.28%||1.69%||3.66%||8.73%||21.13%||64.23% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (77 people, 22.65%)
- Mantle cell lymphoma (54 people, 15.88%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (46 people, 13.53%)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (39 people, 11.47%)
- Hyperuricaemia (36 people, 10.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclophosphamide (95 people, 27.94%)
- Vincristine (61 people, 17.94%)
- Prednisone (56 people, 16.47%)
- Doxorubicin hcl (40 people, 11.76%)
- Neutrogin (39 people, 11.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Platelet Count Decreased while taking Rituxan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rituxan and have Platelet Count Decreased
- support group for people who take Rituxan
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers, and takes Rituxan)
24 hr. after last rituxan tx. developed horrible mouth uclers - mouth skin looked liked hanging chads in the mouth. 8 l/2 months later everything 17 specialists can think of have not worked...Any suggestions. Help this is awful
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aortic Valve Stenosis, Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin's, and takes Etoposide, Carboplatin , Ifosfamide, Vincristine Sulfate, Prednisone, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cyclophosphamide , Rituxan)
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO ...
- Do any of my medications cause peripheral neuropathy
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate, Arava, Rituxan, Folic Acid, Famotidine, Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Aspirin, Omega-3)
Peripheral neuropathy started after my diagnosis and the initiation of the RA meds. My Rheumatologist says it is not associated with the meds BUT I find info on the net that disagrees. I think it is the med(s). I am interested in what experience others have had. Thanks K
- How does rituxan help pcd patients?
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Paraneoplastic Cerebellar Degeneration, and takes Rituxan)
One neurologist wants to use rituxan to help while the other neurologist says it is too risky and has terrible side effects. Has it helped PCD patients?
- Pyrexia and one-alpha iv
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Pyrexia, Platelet Count Decreased, Anemia , Liquid In Douglas Space And Hypo Pleural Liquid, Nausea, Vomits, Shivering)
she was treated for hypocalcemia with high PTH taking calcium per-os and iv,Renagel,trofocard,one-alpha iv.
after 5 days fever with shiver 2-3 times daily ,vomits,nausea
she took antibiotic therapy after positive gram - blood cultures (first E. coli,second another gram - microorganism )
More questions for: Rituxan, Platelet count decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Does rituxan cause laryngitis?
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Laryngitis Allergic, and takes Rituxan)
Two days after first Rituxan infusion, still suffering with dripping sinuses and laryngitis. Unable to speak at all today. Related to the Rituxan?
- Rituxan mental changes
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Nephrotic Syndrome, and takes Losartan, Tacrolimus, Rituxan)
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
More reviews for: Rituxan, Platelet count decreased
- A study of side effects of Rituxan for a patient with Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma Stage Iii. The patient has Cryptogenic Cirrhosis (diseases of the live by cryptococcal)
Comments: I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH NON HODGKIN LYMPHOMA 3 STAGES IN AUG 2011 AFTER MY CHEMO TREATMENT WAS TOLD I HAD CRYPTOGENIC CIRRHOSIS THEY TRYED TO TELL ME I HAD CIRRHOSIS BEFORE MY DIAGNOSIS OF THE CANCER BUT I BELIEVE IT WAS FROM AFTER EFFECTS OF CHEMO DUE TO THEY DID NOT INFORM ME TILL AFTER ALL CHEMO TRE ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Vincristine Sulfate, Rituxan, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Warfarin Sodium, Neurontin, Furosemide, Digoxin, Coreg, Klor-con M10, Nexium for a patient with Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma Stage Iv, Congestive Cardiac Failure, Mechanical Heart Valve, Neuropathy, Blood Potassium Decreased, Upset Stomach. The patient has Muscle Cramps
Comments: After undergoing chemo for Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma I have been getting severe leg cramps at night and sometimes during the day. Never had them before until beginning chemo. I now only receive rituxan every 8 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Rituxan, Rituxan, Rituxan, Rituxan for a patient with Dementia, Stiff-man Syndrome, Autonomic Neuropathy, Gad. The patient has Hypertension, Appetite - Decreased, Colitis
Comments: Hypertension, colitis, appetite decrease occurred following second biweekly treatment. No recovery following a total of four treatments. Pt has GAD 65 and P/QType calcium channel antibodies. Results to level of antibodies is currently outstanding in lab.
- A study of side effects of Rituxan for a patient with Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinaemia. The patient has Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure), Embolism (obstruction of an artery, typically by a clot of blood or an air bubble), Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Anaphylactic shock upon first and second infusions. Crash team intervention required
Bilateral Pulmonary embolisms at 4th week of treatment
Chronic and multiple episodes of accute Hypotension started during Rituximab treatments. No hypoentention problems prior to Rituximab treatments.
- A study of side effects of Rituxan for a patient with Follicle Centre Lymphoma, Follicular Grade I, Ii, Iii Nos. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: Still reccommended I stay on the drug for another year or 5 more doses--this problem ony occurring in the last 3 months--folicular lymphoma being trated--had chemotheraphy this is mantainence & Im worried about continuing
More related studies for: Rituxan, Platelet count decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.