Rogaine and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Rogaine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Biotin, and have Routine health maintenance. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Rogaine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,634 people who have side effects when taking Rogaine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
13,634 people reported to have side effects when taking Rogaine.
Among them, 1,412 people (10.36%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Rogaine when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 69.47 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.82 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.76 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Rogaine *:
- female: 64.44 %
- male: 35.56 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Rogaine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.59 %
- 20-29: 7.49 %
- 30-39: 13.11 %
- 40-49: 14.4 %
- 50-59: 17.21 %
- 60+: 47.19 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Routine Health Maintenance (133 people, 9.42%)
- Hair Growth Abnormal (121 people, 8.57%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (84 people, 5.95%)
- High Blood Pressure (82 people, 5.81%)
- Thyroid Diseases (39 people, 2.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Biotin (91 people, 6.44%)
- Vitamin D (66 people, 4.67%)
- Calcium (49 people, 3.47%)
- Fish Oil (46 people, 3.26%)
- Synthroid (38 people, 2.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (270 people, 19.12%)
- Skin Irritation (156 people, 11.05%)
- Skin Exfoliation (128 people, 9.07%)
- Dry Skin (124 people, 8.78%)
- Hair Texture Abnormal (62 people, 4.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itching when taking Rogaine?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of minoxidil.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Rogaine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Rogaine has active ingredients of minoxidil. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Rogaine 13,726 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,436 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Rogainea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.
My daughter is prescribed Decadron for treatment of leukemia. She has the most horriable side effects from this steroid the worst being a horriable itch that is somewhat tamed by Benadryl, or hydroxyzine. At first, our oncology team was surprised by this, but as I am reading around the internet ...