Home > Rogaine > Skin cancer - basal cell > Rogaine and Skin cancer - basal cell
Review: could Rogaine cause Skin cancer - basal cell (Basal cell carcinoma)?
We study 2,079 people who have side effects while taking Rogaine from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Skin cancer - basal cell. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin cancer - basal cell and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rogaine and have Skin cancer - basal cell >>>
Rogaine (latest outcomes from 2,121 users) has active ingredients of minoxidil. It is often used in hair loss.
Skin cancer - basal cell
Skin cancer - basal cell (type of skin cancer) (latest reports from 41,846 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 2,079 people reported to have side effects when taking Rogaine. Among them, 5 people (0.24%) have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell.
Time on Rogaine when people have Skin cancer - basal cell * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin cancer - basal cell||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin cancer - basal cell when taking Rogaine * :
|Skin cancer - basal cell||20.00%||80.00% |
Age of people who have Skin cancer - basal cell when taking Rogaine * :
|Skin cancer - basal cell||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||80.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Skin cancer - basal cell when taking Rogaine ** :
How people recovered from Skin cancer - basal cell ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Alopecia (5 people, 100.00%)
- Hypotrichosis (4 people, 80.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Propecia (2 people, 40.00%)
- Nicotinic acid (2 people, 40.00%)
- Simvastatin (2 people, 40.00%)
- Finasteride (2 people, 40.00%)
- Minoxidil (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell while taking Rogaine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rogaine and have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell
- support group for people who take Rogaine
- support group for people who have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i continue retin a cream on my face even thoug i was just diagnosed with basel cell carcinoma on my nose ?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Basal Cell Carcinoma, Acne-like Skin Bumps)
About 3 weeks ago I started retin a cream for my face becauseI had some kind of acne. I used retin a micro many years ago and it worked so I stared again. But just this week I got biopsy results and I found out that I have basel cell carcinoma on my nose. I will have this removed in the next 2 weeks ...
- Any reports on side effects from using topical minoxidil such as vertigo and severe joint paiin
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Dizziness (excl Vertigo) And Joint Pain, and takes Minoxidil)
Had used the topical solution of minoxidil, rogaine for about 8-9 months , did not regrow hair, but since then I've been experiencing severe joint aches on feet, knees,arms,neck and shoulders. Also severe vertigo dizziness when I first lie down. I do to be honest have had a problem with back and sho ...
- Did you use minoxidol 2% before being diagnosed with breast cancer
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Breast Cancer Diagnosis Stage 2 2010, Hair Thinning - Aging, and takes Rogaine, Diazepam)
I am wondering whether there is a relationship between the use of tranquillizers for 35 years and Rogaine for about 15 years. I only use the Rogaine 2% once in the morning and diazepam 5 mg as needed. I have generalized anxiety disorder. Diagnosed and treated for breast cancer type 2 in 2010... stil ...
- I have an enlarged prostate is rogain bad for my prostate
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, and takes Minoxidil)
I just started using Rogain and have noticed a reduction in urine flow
- Minoxidil racing my heart beat can i continue using it?
(Asked by a 37 year old man who takes Sildenafil Citrate, Minoxidil Extra Strength)
I am using Equate Extra Strength For Men Hair Regrowth, this usage increasing my hear rate, nit very serious, can I continue using it? I want my hair back. Please advice.
More questions for: Rogaine, Skin cancer - basal cell
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- 5 years on rogaine use
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Melanoma, and takes Rogaine)
Im uncertain if any connection but I have been using Rogaine Foam for approx 5 years and early last year i developed a Melanoma directly in the area of use.
I am curious to see if many others have had similar experiences.
For the record my yearly checkup caught the Melanoma early and it was re ...
- Minoxidil (vesicular eczema)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Vesicular Eczema, and takes Minoxidil)
I began using topical Minoxidil and noticed about one month later small round fluid filled blisters on one finger on my left hand. The blisters were tender and I felt relief when I popped them. The skin inside was tender for a few days until it dried out. Then I developed the same blisters on one fi ...
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Rogaine)
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
More reviews for: Rogaine, Skin cancer - basal cell
- A study of drug interactions between Minoxidil, Clonazepam, Ritalin for a patient with Loss Of Hair, Insomnia, Ple. The patient has Fear Of Crowded Places, Anxiety
Comments: It has been almost two months that abovementoined symptoms have occurred. I am, particularly at night, afraid that if I make sound, people or neighbours may become upset. When I hear something, even the sound of elevator, I jump and think that they are coming to warn me that I did something that dis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
Comments: This has been a problem for well over a year now! it does not seem to be getting any better.
- A study of side effects of Rogaine for a patient with Loss Of Hair. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Sebum plugs on scalp,eyebrows,eyelashes,facial hair and all over non facialhair areas such as nose and forehead. The sebum plugs causes My hair to fallout and no visibel regrowth is occuring. My face is really oily and I have flakes/dandruff all over My face. No dandruff on My scalp. This all occure ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron, Synthroid, Crestor, Lovaza, Spironolactone, Lasix, Glimepiride, Gabapentin, Oxycodone, Diazepam for a patient with Nausea, Low Thyroid, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Kidney Disease, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Nerve Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Pain - Back. The patient has Squamous Cell Skin Cancer, Skin Cancer - Basal Cell, Endometrial Cancer, Fatty Liver, Biliary Cirrhosis Secondary, Edema, Walking Disability, Weight Gain, Gout - Chronic, Arachnoiditis, Shortness Of Breath, Sweating Increased, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea
Comments: Have gained 40+ pounds in 8months! Very little movement causes Severe head & face sweating & shortness of breath. Face gets heated & red for no reason while at rest.
- A study of side effects of Minoxidil for a patient with Hair Loss. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: I also have a busy lifestyle but strangely I've been feeling tired and fatigued recently. It seems 5 coincide with when I started taking regaine, about 3 weeks ago..
More related studies for: Rogaine, Skin cancer - basal cell
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.