Review: could Rogaine cause Skin cancer - basal cell (Basal cell carcinoma)?
Summary: Skin cancer - basal cell is reported only by a few people who take Rogaine.
We study 2,080 people who have side effects while taking Rogaine from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Skin cancer - basal cell. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin cancer - basal cell and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rogaine and have Skin cancer - basal cell >>>
Rogaine has active ingredients of minoxidil. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Rogaine 2,121 users)
Skin cancer - basal cell
Skin cancer - basal cell (type of skin cancer) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia.(latest reports from Skin cancer - basal cell 5,209 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 2,080 people reported to have side effects when taking Rogaine. Among them, 5 people (0.24%) have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell.
Time on Rogaine when people have Skin cancer - basal cell * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin cancer - basal cell||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin cancer - basal cell when taking Rogaine * :
|Skin cancer - basal cell||20.00%||80.00% |
Age of people who have Skin cancer - basal cell when taking Rogaine * :
|Skin cancer - basal cell||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||80.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Skin cancer - basal cell when taking Rogaine ** :
How people recovered from Skin cancer - basal cell ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Alopecia (5 people, 100.00%)
- Hypotrichosis (4 people, 80.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Propecia (2 people, 40.00%)
- Nicotinic acid (2 people, 40.00%)
- Simvastatin (2 people, 40.00%)
- Finasteride (2 people, 40.00%)
- Minoxidil (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell while taking Rogaine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rogaine and have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell
- support group for people who take Rogaine
- support group for people who have Skin Cancer - Basal Cell
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i continue retin a cream on my face even thoug i was just diagnosed with basel cell carcinoma on my nose ?
About 3 weeks ago I started retin a cream for my face becauseI had some kind of acne. I used retin a micro many years ago and it worked so I stared again. But just this week I got biopsy results and I found out that I have basel cell carcinoma on my nose. I will have this removed in the next 2 weeks but my question is if I will be able to still use the cream. Not on my nose of course but on the rest of my face like cheeks, forehead. Thanks.
- Any reports on side effects from using topical minoxidil such as vertigo and severe joint paiin
Had used the topical solution of minoxidil, rogaine for about 8-9 months , did not regrow hair, but since then I've been experiencing severe joint aches on feet, knees,arms,neck and shoulders. Also severe vertigo dizziness when I first lie down. I do to be honest have had a problem with back and shoulder pain, I've experienced when using a sugar substitute. I have gotten better since, and stopped using them, for years ,until I used the rogaine ,these symtoms have returned and have gotten much worse. I've also have had vertigo before, but not more then days , sometime a month. But after using the rogaine , I've experienced severe vertigo for over four months.
- Did you use minoxidol 2% before being diagnosed with breast cancer
I am wondering whether there is a relationship between the use of tranquillizers for 35 years and Rogaine for about 15 years. I only use the Rogaine 2% once in the morning and diazepam 5 mg as needed. I have generalized anxiety disorder. Diagnosed and treated for breast cancer type 2 in 2010... still worried about a recurrence.
- I have an enlarged prostate is rogain bad for my prostate
I just started using Rogain and have noticed a reduction in urine flow
- Minoxidil racing my heart beat can i continue using it?
I am using Equate Extra Strength For Men Hair Regrowth, this usage increasing my hear rate, nit very serious, can I continue using it? I want my hair back. Please advice.
More questions for: Rogaine, Skin cancer - basal cell
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- 5 years on rogaine use
Im uncertain if any connection but I have been using Rogaine Foam for approx 5 years and early last year i developed a Melanoma directly in the area of use.
I am curious to see if many others have had similar experiences.
For the record my yearly checkup caught the Melanoma early and it was removed (twice) successfully.
- Minoxidil (vesicular eczema)
I began using topical Minoxidil and noticed about one month later small round fluid filled blisters on one finger on my left hand. The blisters were tender and I felt relief when I popped them. The skin inside was tender for a few days until it dried out. Then I developed the same blisters on one finger on my right hand. This went on for several months. Blisters were constantly forming on those fingers no matter what topical treatments I tried to resolve them. I felt it was due to the Minoxidil and after some research discovered others reported a similar reaction. The blisters resolved after stopping the Minoxidil. I switched to a product from Life Extension Super Saw Palmetto Nettle Root Formula with Beta-Sitosterol. The results were better than Minoxidil and I did not get any painful blisters on my fingers. What a relief.
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with my face so swollen that I could see my skin around my eyes without looking in a mirror. My throat began to swell to the point it was difficult to swallow. I immediately went to the ER to receive a shot and sleep all day with Benadryl. The following day, I have redness in the skin and hoarseness. The doctor told me too never touch Rogaine again or I would end up in the hospital (or worse).
More reviews for: Rogaine, Skin cancer - basal cell
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- It has been almost two months that abovementoined symptoms have occurred. I am, particularly at night, afraid that if I make sound, people or neighbours may become upset. When I hear something, even the sound of elevator, I jump and think that they are coming to warn me that I did something that dis ...
- Sebum plugs on scalp,eyebrows,eyelashes,facial hair and all over non facialhair areas such as nose and forehead. The sebum plugs causes My hair to fallout and no visibel regrowth is occuring. My face is really oily and I have flakes/dandruff all over My face. No dandruff on My scalp. This all occure ...
- I am suffering from Hair fall problem for last 3years. Nw it is too severe to tolerate. Doctor says it is an androgenic alopecia. Bt i fell thin hair on my back of head. I have also a problm of allergic rhinitis.
- male patient in use of minoxidil treatment for hair loss for long as 8 years complain since 5 years ago repeated tendinitis of elbow (tennis elbow), supraspinatus tendon of shoulder, extensor digitorium , retus femoralis origin tendinitis, patela tendon tendinitis. He has normal tyroid function and ...
- have the same burning sensation when i had a sunburn 5 months before using the drug
started experiencing the effects 3 months after starting using the foam, the first three months my head was shaven , when the hair started growing 3 months after , i started experiencing it.
i hhave flushes when i ...
More related studies for: Rogaine, Skin cancer - basal cell
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.