Home > Ropinirole hydrochloride > Muscle spasms > Ropinirole hydrochloride and Muscle spasms
Review: could Ropinirole hydrochloride cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Xyrem, and have Somnolence.
We study 718 people who have side effects while taking Ropinirole hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride and have Muscle spasms >>>
Ropinirole hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 903 users) has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome.
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) (latest reports from 350,406 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 713 people reported to have side effects when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride. Among them, 8 people (1.12%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Ropinirole hydrochloride when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride * :
|Muscle spasms||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||14.29%||42.86%||14.29% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Somnolence (3 people, 37.50%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 37.50%)
- Cataplexy (2 people, 25.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 25.00%)
- Restless leg syndrome (2 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xyrem (3 people, 37.50%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 25.00%)
- Armodafinil (2 people, 25.00%)
- Carbidopa + levodopa (2 people, 25.00%)
- Pramipexole dihydrochloride (1 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Ropinirole Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who takes Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Clonazepam, MS Contin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Prozac, Flexeril, Requip)
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
- I developed excessive saliva production after starting ropinerole (requip) for plmd. sleep was impossible due to frequent swallowing. has anyone else experienced similar symptoms?
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Periodic Limb Movements In Sleep, Major Depression, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorder, Alpha Intrusion (sleep Disorder), Sleep Apnea (minor), and takes Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Mirapex, Gabapentin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Lyrica, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Vyvanse, Lipitor)
The first 5 drugs above on my list that I tried for PLMD, I no longer use. I took ropinerole (Requip) for about 2 weeks when I noticed that I was producing more saliva and was swallowing a lot. It didn't really bother me too much, because the other drugs that I take give me a dry mouth. When I went ...
- Concerned about possible rebound rls with daily rx for rls
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Chronic Daily Migraines, RLS, Insomnia, and takes Oxycontin, Klonopin, Requip, Neupro, Ambien, Clonidine)
I've suffered with RLS for many years, before I knew it had a name and before my doctors took me seriously about it. The only thing I knew was that taking antihistamines would start an episode. This lasted from around 16 yrs old to about 35. I have also suffered from migraines that were infrequen ...
More questions for: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Muscle spasms
More reviews for: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Muscle spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Acyclovir, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Onfi for a patient with Depression, Oral Herpes, Bursitis, Epilepsy. The patient has Leakage When Cough, Sneeze, Exercise, Laugh, Difficult To Urinate At Times., Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr, Trileptal, Pantoprazole for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Vision Blurred, Muscle Spasms, Hair Loss
Comments: I have been experiencing hair loss in clumps while running fingers through my hair and i have blurred vision. The hair loss is recent..within the last week..the newest medicine is the pantoprazole
- A study of drug interactions between Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Nifedipine, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zomig, Fluconazole, Nystatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Remeron, Famvir, Metoclopramide for a patient with Lyme Disease, Raynauds, Restless Leg Syndrome, Migraine, Candidiasis, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Depression, Genital Herpes, Gastroparesis. The patient has Lyme Symptoms Tmj; Muscle Pain; Fatigue, Gastroparesis, Rls, Oral Herpes, Raynauds, Throbbing Pain Base Of Skull Occipital Neuralgia
Comments: I have pos. speckled ANA titer since I was in my early 20's, but no autoimmunity symptoms or rashes to report. My LLMD has dx'd me as having lyme disease and I am in treatment for that currently.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Sr, Requip for a patient with Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: Tried Cialis, Viagra, Stendra and Levitra. Some success with Levitra. Pump gives
Erection but can't maintain with rings. Bought at adult bookstore not prescribed.
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Keppra, Prilosec, Nucynta, Savella for a patient with Insomnia, Epilepsy, Heartburn, Migraine, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower, Muscle Sprain, Muscle Spasms, Low Back Pain
Comments: Onset of symptoms started on third day of Savella Titration pack. Immediately stopped medicine (had the 3rd day am dose) by midday spasms and back pain severe, by 6pm unable to walk due to extreme pain. Sent to ER, no response to pain medicine, finally muscle relaxer allowed me to walk again. Sent h ...
More related studies for: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Muscle spasms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.