Review: could Ropinirole hydrochloride cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Xyrem, and have Restless leg syndrome.
We study 730 people who have side effects while taking Ropinirole hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride and have Muscle spasms >>>
Ropinirole hydrochloride has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from 916 Ropinirole hydrochloride users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,984 Muscle spasms patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 730 people reported to have side effects when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride. Among them, 9 people (1.23%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Ropinirole hydrochloride when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride * :
|Muscle spasms||87.50%||12.50% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||50.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Restless leg syndrome (3 people, 33.33%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 33.33%)
- Somnolence (3 people, 33.33%)
- Cataplexy (2 people, 22.22%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xyrem (3 people, 33.33%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 22.22%)
- Armodafinil (2 people, 22.22%)
- Carbidopa + levodopa (2 people, 22.22%)
- Amantadine hcl (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ropinirole hydrochloride and muscle spasms on
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Ropinirole Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Requip, Azilect for a 54-year old man with Parkinsonism. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Lovaza, Trilipix, Simvastatin, Qsymia for a 43-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Loss. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of side effects of Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Metatarsalgia
Recent Ropinirole hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 67-year old woman who has Restless Legs
- Comparions of Requip, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Evista, Requip for a 71-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Buspirone Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cymbalta, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 55-year old woman who has Multiple Diagnosis
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.