Review: could Ropinirole hydrochloride cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Xyrem, and have Somnolence.
We study 722 people who have side effects while taking Ropinirole hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride and have Muscle spasms >>>
Ropinirole hydrochloride has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from Ropinirole hydrochloride 905 users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Muscle spasms 55,745 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 718 people reported to have side effects when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride. Among them, 8 people (1.11%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Ropinirole hydrochloride when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride * :
|Muscle spasms||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||14.29%||42.86%||14.29% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Somnolence (3 people, 37.50%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 37.50%)
- Cataplexy (2 people, 25.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 25.00%)
- Restless leg syndrome (2 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xyrem (3 people, 37.50%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 25.00%)
- Armodafinil (2 people, 25.00%)
- Carbidopa + levodopa (2 people, 25.00%)
- Pramipexole dihydrochloride (1 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Ropinirole Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Ropinirole hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who takes Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Clonazepam, MS Contin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Prozac, Flexeril, Requip)
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
- I developed excessive saliva production after starting ropinerole (requip) for plmd. sleep was impossible due to frequent swallowing. has anyone else experienced similar symptoms?
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Periodic Limb Movements In Sleep, Major Depression, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorder, Alpha Intrusion (sleep Disorder), Sleep Apnea (minor), and takes Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Mirapex, Gabapentin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Lyrica, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Vyvanse, Lipitor)
The first 5 drugs above on my list that I tried for PLMD, I no longer use. I took ropinerole (Requip) for about 2 weeks when I noticed that I was producing more saliva and was swallowing a lot. It didn't really bother me too much, because the other drugs that I take give me a dry mouth. When I went ...
- Concerned about possible rebound rls with daily rx for rls
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Chronic Daily Migraines, RLS, Insomnia, and takes Oxycontin, Klonopin, Requip, Neupro, Ambien, Clonidine)
I've suffered with RLS for many years, before I knew it had a name and before my doctors took me seriously about it. The only thing I knew was that taking antihistamines would start an episode. This lasted from around 16 yrs old to about 35. I have also suffered from migraines that were infrequen ...
More questions for: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Muscle spasms
More reviews for: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Muscle spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Acyclovir, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Onfi for a patient with Depression, Oral Herpes, Bursitis, Epilepsy. The patient has Leakage When Cough, Sneeze, Exercise, Laugh, Difficult To Urinate At Times., Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Keppra, Prilosec, Nucynta, Savella for a patient with Insomnia, Epilepsy, Heartburn, Migraine, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower, Muscle Sprain, Muscle Spasms, Low Back Pain
Comments: Onset of symptoms started on third day of Savella Titration pack. Immediately stopped medicine (had the 3rd day am dose) by midday spasms and back pain severe, by 6pm unable to walk due to extreme pain. Sent to ER, no response to pain medicine, finally muscle relaxer allowed me to walk again. Sent h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Cymbalta, Omeprazole, Celebrex, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Arnold-chiari Malformation, Acid Reflux, Arthritis, Restlessness, Insulin Resistance, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Tingling Sensation Onleft Side Of Skull In Back, Around To Ear And Along Jaw Line, Always On Left Side
Comments: this sensation started as if someone was running a feather across my ear lobe, spread to back of skull and across jaw to exact center. It now itches intensely after a tingling episode. NO pain. Can be exacerbated by position of head as in lowered to read or sew, or when lying down. Thought I could l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Requip for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Mood Swings
Comments: I've always had mood swings and have suffered with depression throughout my life. Recently I started taking Benadryl at night to help with allergies. I found that it helped me sleep better also. I'm not sure if I'm just noticing that I may have a mood disorder that's always been there or if it is ca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Ritalin, Bitter Orange, Ginseng, Panax, Caffeine Anhydrous, Losartan for a patient with Narcolepsy, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: ***comments for Modafinil only***
I do not mix my meds. I take only 1 med a day however it is prescribed. The Adderall and or Ritalin only last 3 or 4 hours and it's not worth taking. I've been on the natural supplements all my life and except for occasional kidney discomfort I have been thankful t ...
More related studies for: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Muscle spasms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.