Review: could Ropinirole cause Depression?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 21, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 686 people who take Ropinirole. Among them, 13 have Depression. See who they are, when they have Depression and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Ropinirole hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 866 users) has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome, parkinson's disease. Commonly reported side effects of Ropinirole hydrochloride include nausea, dizziness, fall, joint pain, insomnia.
Depression (latest reports from 1,117,443 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain.
On Feb, 21, 2014: 651 people reported to have side effects when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride. Among them, 13 people (2.00%) have Depression.
Time on Ropinirole hydrochloride when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride * :
Severity of Depression when taking Ropinirole hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (3 people, 23.08%)
- Parkinson's disease (3 people, 23.08%)
- Cataplexy (3 people, 23.08%)
- Restless leg syndrome (3 people, 23.08%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (5 people, 38.46%)
- Hydroxyzine (5 people, 38.46%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 30.77%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 30.77%)
- Ondansetron (3 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Depression
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Ropinirole Hydrochloride (ropinirole hydrochloride) is often used for restless leg syndrome. Find out below the conditions Ropinirole Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ropinirole Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Ropinirole hydrochloride side effects from A to Z:
Browse Ropinirole hydrochloride drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I am experiencing intentional movements when going to sleep. The movements follow what I am dreaming about.
From this study (4 months ago):
rls became quite worse dr took off pramipexole and just 2 weeks on ropinirole working up to 3mg, not helping yet
From this study (6 months ago):
some problems are relieved by resting
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
More reviews for: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Depression
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zinc Sulfate, Selenium, Vitamin C, B Complex Vitamin, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Omega-6 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids, Omega-3, Calcium-D-Glucarate, Vitamin D, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Lamotrigine, Novolog, Levemir, Ondansetron, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Aggrenox, Synthroid, Januvia, Cymbalta, Lansoprazole, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a patient with Hair Loss In Women, Heel Pain, Fatigue, Wine And Heart Health, Bone Density Increased, Vitamin D Deficiency, Rhabdomyolysis, Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Analgesic Supportive Therapy, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar 1, Nausea, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, High Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner, Thyroid Disorder, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Gerd, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Bipolar I Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol), Depression, Reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Hypothyroidism, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Myoclonic Jerks
- A study of drug interactions between Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Alprazolam for a patient with Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Depression, Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Klonopin, Ibuprofen, Requip, Singulair, Klonopin, Prozac for a patient with IBS, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Rls, Asthma, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Abdominal Bloating, Earache, Tendonitis, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Overactive Bladder (Urge incontinence), Rls (Restless leg syndrome), Depression, Tmj Disorders, Hypermobile Joints, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Stomach Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Requip Xl for a patient with Rls. The patient has Depression
More related studies for: Ropinirole hydrochloride, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.