Review: could Sandostatin lar cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Sandostatin lar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Synthroid, and have Carcinoid tumour.
We study 9,407 people who have side effects while taking Sandostatin lar from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,514 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Sandostatin lar and have High blood pressure >>>
Sandostatin lar has active ingredients of octreotide acetate. It is often used in acromegaly. (latest outcomes from Sandostatin lar 9,420 users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from High blood pressure 328,584 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 9,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Sandostatin lar. Among them, 1,514 people (16.09%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Sandostatin lar when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||23.92%||33.97%||3.35%||9.09%||28.23%||1.44%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Sandostatin lar * :
|High blood pressure||63.09%||36.91% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Sandostatin lar * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.11%||18.00%||27.93%||53.95% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Sandostatin lar ** :
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Carcinoid tumour (744 people, 49.14%)
- Acromegaly (587 people, 38.77%)
- Neuroendocrine tumour (500 people, 33.03%)
- Metastatic carcinoid tumour (357 people, 23.58%)
- Carcinoid tumour of the gastrointestinal tract (288 people, 19.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (380 people, 25.10%)
- Sandostatin (355 people, 23.45%)
- Ramipril (261 people, 17.24%)
- Norvasc (204 people, 13.47%)
- Viokase 16 (184 people, 12.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Sandostatin Lar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Sandostatin lar and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Sandostatin lar
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take a cold medicing while taking metoprolol succinate er 25mg (2 answers)
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate)
Just want to know if can I take a cold medicine while Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Nexplanon)
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
- Can i take hytrin10mg aat night andlosartin12.5 in morning
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure)
I AM PRONE TO BOTTOMING OUT WITH BP MEDICINE, just NEED TO KNOW IF I CAN TAKE THE HYTRIN AT NIGHT ANT LOSARTIN IN MORNING?
- Can i take hytrin10mg at night andlosartin 12.5in mornings safeley
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Iron Deficiciency Anemia, High Blood Pressure)
I AM SCARED TO DEATH TO TAKE NEW BP MEDICINE AS I AM PRONE TO BOTTOMING OUT EASILY
More questions for: Sandostatin lar, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking ...
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
More reviews for: Sandostatin lar, High blood pressure
- A study of side effects of Bisoprolol Fumarate for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Comments: Over a period of some two years on the Hypertensive drug it was noticed a possible increase in symptoms that could be BPH. After the two years I stopped taking the drug as it made little apparent difference to the Hypertension. Two weeks later the BPH problem has gone away !!! The only way to ass ...
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Klonopin, Lamictal, Vyvanse, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Hypertension, Muscle Twitching, Eye Twitch, Memory Loss, Confusional State, Tremor, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Eye Zaps, Eye Redness
Comments: I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
- A study of side effects of Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Comments: I have just finished several rounds of antibiotics for a bronchial infection. Still have coughing spells but only one or two a day. But now I have trouble swallowing solid food when it gets down to my esophagus. I can swallow it ubt it hurts a bit.
- A study of side effects of Livalo for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: In the morning I take Micardis 80. My blood pressure lowers durning the day to 135/75. At bedtime I take Livalo 2mg. Buy the morning my BP is back up to 179/89. Could it be the Livalo that causes the BP to go up overnight?
- A study of drug interactions between Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Hydrocortisone, Vitamin B12, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Fosamax, Prednisone, Mirapex, Celebrex, Wellbutrin Sr, Adderall 20, Nexium, Sucralfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Trileptal, Effexor, Vitamin D for a patient with Blood Iron Abnormal, Skin Rash, C4 Level, Flank Pain, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Dermatomyositis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis, Depression, Adhd, Reflux Gastritis, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Obesity, Potassium - Low, Diarrhea, Nausea, Red Blood Cells Urine, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Anxiety, Neck Stiffness, Increased Tendency To Bruise, Pain In Upper Right Quadrant, Adrenal Glands, Restless Legs Syndrome, Gastrointestinal Scan, Normetanephrine Urine Increased, Ferrous Ion, Muscle Enzyme Increased, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue, Sweating - Excessive, High Blood Pressure, Headache, Flank Pain, Eczema Eyelids
Comments: I believe alot of my symptoms are related but after seeing 7 different specialists and them running many different tests I still don't have a diagnosis. Many of the tests are abnormal but nothing seems to fit completely together. My gastroenterologist is referring me to a surgeon for severe gastro ...
More related studies for: Sandostatin lar, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.